Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

An evening at the saddledome

An evening at the saddledome

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough
Default An evening at the saddledome

Having just spent an evening at the saddledome I have come away with the opinnion that all professional sportsman are fickle!

In Game 5 Calgary have more fire in their belly than they can handle, game 6, well, I think when I last look at the shoot board Detroit had 53, calgary 12. It was a good night, the flames supporters are excellent, all they need now are a team that can put some shots on the goals.

I think hockey is an excellent game, one that I have activiely supported since 1990 (go steelers go!), but still I find it strange that professional players seem unable to raise their game.

Personally I thinky Detroit will win the cup

rgds scotty.

Last edited by Scotty1972; Apr 23rd 2007 at 5:50 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default Re: An evening at the saddledome

Originally Posted by Scotty1972
Having just spent an evening at the saddledome I have come away with the opinnion that all professional sportsman are fickle!

In Game 5 Calgary have more fire in their belly than they can handle, game 6, well, I think when I last look at the shoot board Detroit had 53, calgary 12. It was a good night, the flames supporters are excellent, all they need now are a team that can put some shots on the goals.

I think hockey is an excellent game, one that I have activiely supported since 1990 (go steelers go!), but still I find it strange that professional players seem unable to raise their game.

Personally I thinky Detroit will win the cup

rgds scotty.

Hi Scotty,

We visited Calgary last year and stayed within sight of the Saddledome. Luckily we managed to get tickets for a Flames game - now we are fans. We even visited the "Red Mile" to see what all the fuss was about.
We loved Calgary (and the mountains) but have already decided to initially aim for Ontario when we get the 'thumbs up'.

Go Flames Go!

Simon