Etobicoke?

Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

reggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant future
Default Etobicoke?

Anyone living in or around Etobicoke? I just need info. on the area. High/low crime? accommodation cost? etc.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:39 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etobicoke?

Originally Posted by reggaeprincess
Anyone living in or around Etobicoke? I just need info. on the area. High/low crime? accommodation cost? etc.
It's the last stop on the subway- west of Toronto. It has a large Ikea and is very industrialised if memory serves. Cheaper than downtown. Crime is low enough.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing about it, but there is a website

www.etobigo.ca It should have some info.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:35 pm
Banned

MMM_TO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I live in the high park area of the city so Etobicoke is the other side of the park for me. I spend a lot of time there mainly for shopping. I also frequent the Kingsway which has some really good restaurants, It's industrial near to the Gardner with lighter industry around Queensway but some reasonably priced homes in between.

Any further questions let me know.

Cheers,

MMM_TO
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:09 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMM_TO
Hey,

I live in the high park area of the city so Etobicoke is the other side of the park for me. I spend a lot of time there mainly for shopping. I also frequent the Kingsway which has some really good restaurants, It's industrial near to the Gardner with lighter industry around Queensway but some reasonably priced homes in between.

Any further questions let me know.

Cheers,

MMM_TO

There's also the numbered streets between the lake and Lakeshore. That's an interesting neighbourhood.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

reggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant future

Thank you all. Still researching. Not yet sure where we will be living.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:47 pm
Banned

MMM_TO is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all. Still researching. Not yet sure where we will be living.
Sure thing. FYI the area around High Park and Bloor West is Polish and Ukranian. The area South-West of Etobicoke is Mimico and is where all the Polish folks from Roncesvalles Avenue area flapped their wings and landed. Lot's of Polish bars and delis (if Kobasa is your thing ) The area closer to Kingsway is English. This is historical... all these areas now have a healthy mix of everyone and anyone.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MMM_TO
...the area around High Park and Bloor West is Polish and Ukranian. The area South-West of Etobicoke is Mimico and is where all the Polish folks from Roncesvalles Avenue area flapped their wings and landed....
Dundas, from Keele to Jane (and south to Bloor), was traditionally Maltese and Lithuanian...lots of DINKY professional couples moved in and renovated the old victorian housing, sending prices ever upwards. Nice area though.