British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Essex girls! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/essex-girls-444961/)

Atlantic Xpat Apr 26th 2007 11:17 pm

Re: Essex girls!

Originally Posted by fishfinger (Post 4703178)
My auntie lived in Stock, that was a lovely part of Essex to live. As kids, we used to cycle along the lanes to the lady who grew tomatos and sold them from her home. Wish I could go back there, but the prices are so horrific.

I used to go swimming with my school in Basildon and I saw Star Wars at some cinema there, can't remember what the place was called. I wish I could wind back my life:(

One of my biggest regrets was not stumping up the extra 9k at the time (early 90's) to buy a cottage on the Square at Stock. (Twixt the Hoop and the Bear.) Apart from living next to the real ale mecca that is the Hoop it would have been a shrewd investment. Anyway, I actually bought a place 3 miles away in Ramsden Heath. Still used to drink in the Hoop a lot, & the Bear before it got all yuppified. Happy days!

fishfinger Apr 27th 2007 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 4704691)
One of my biggest regrets was not stumping up the extra 9k at the time (early 90's) to buy a cottage on the Square at Stock. (Twixt the Hoop and the Bear.) Apart from living next to the real ale mecca that is the Hoop it would have been a shrewd investment. Anyway, I actually bought a place 3 miles away in Ramsden Heath. Still used to drink in the Hoop a lot, & the Bear before it got all yuppified. Happy days!

Ahhhh happy memories:) My nan and grandad lived in Runwell. Boo hoo, this thread is making me sad:( Rossi's ice cream and Peter Pan at Southend. Do they still serve that ice cream? It used to be the best.

britishvixen21 Apr 27th 2007 6:33 am

Originally Posted by fishfinger (Post 4706575)
Ahhhh happy memories:) My nan and grandad lived in Runwell. Boo hoo, this thread is making me sad:( Rossi's ice cream and Peter Pan at Southend. Do they still serve that ice cream? It used to be the best.

Last time i was there last year I took my Canadian hubby to southend just for Rossi's icecream it still tasted amazing, my fav was always the oyster!!

louise033 Apr 27th 2007 6:48 am

Originally Posted by fishfinger (Post 4706575)

Don't feel sad, think Pitsea, Laindon, A127 in rush hour, Tesco's on a Friday night, speed cameras, surely you feel better now????

l i s a Apr 27th 2007 7:01 am

Well, I'm still here in good old Billericay for the time being. Frequenting the 127 and the A13 and occasionally Basildon Town Centre OMG! ( I work at the hospital and sometimes it's convenient). Also have a date for the Hoop Beer Fest in May - some things I will miss.

britishvixen21 Apr 27th 2007 7:26 am

[QUOTE=l i s a;4706858]I work at the hospital QUOTE]

Where do you work in the hospital? my dad works in the maternity department

l i s a Apr 27th 2007 7:48 am

Hi I'm in Outpatients - opposite side of the site to Maternity. Only time I've passed through was the birth of my son 2 yrs ago (literally - 2 hrs start to finish). Happy to go and freak him out by passing on a message!? I think my PM is accessible?

Where are you in Toronto? Spent 6 weeks there over the last year on our quest to find where to live when the time comes.

britishvixen21 Apr 27th 2007 8:03 am

Originally Posted by l i s a (Post 4707080)
Hi I'm in Outpatients - opposite side of the site to Maternity. Only time I've passed through was the birth of my son 2 yrs ago (literally - 2 hrs start to finish). Happy to go and freak him out by passing on a message!? I think my PM is accessible?

Where are you in Toronto? Spent 6 weeks there over the last year on our quest to find where to live when the time comes.

Whe are in Yonge and St Clair area, I love our area, its so pretty and nice but very pricey to buy thats why we are happy to stay and rent in our little hub, My dad is the only Male Midwife in the department, hes on the road a lot of time as he does home visits now, hardly ever on the wards even when he gets called out its to home deliveries, il PM you his name go freak him out and tell him i said Hi and when is he getting his butt over here!! LOL

Do you still think Toronto is the choice for you?

l i s a Apr 27th 2007 8:20 am

Hi
Got your PM - speak to you there.

And - yes Toronto is fantastic and a very strong possibility - but as you say the decent places are getting pricy.

nimiq1 Apr 27th 2007 8:47 am

Seems we have a few people from Essex here, am from Epping Forest myself.

britishvixen21 Apr 27th 2007 8:50 am

Originally Posted by nimiq1 (Post 4707395)

Epping Forest is a nice area, Where are you heading in Canada?

ray1968 Apr 27th 2007 9:14 am

You're not from epping Forest mick ...more Like F**ng Forest , now why don't you F***ng sod off once and for all?

fishfinger Apr 27th 2007 9:15 am

Originally Posted by louise033 (Post 4706791)
Don't feel sad, think Pitsea, Laindon, A127 in rush hour, Tesco's on a Friday night, speed cameras, surely you feel better now????

Well I moved out of Essex when I was 12 as my dad got a job in Maidenhead so I don't remember any traffic problems. You see things differently as a child. That was in the first half of the 80's. I do remember lots of markets though, Pitsea, Basildon and Romford. I know my mum was fed up that there weren't many markets in Berkshire!

fishfinger Apr 27th 2007 9:16 am

Originally Posted by l i s a (Post 4706858)
Well, I'm still here in good old Billericay for the time being. Frequenting the 127 and the A13 and occasionally Basildon Town Centre OMG! ( I work at the hospital and sometimes it's convenient). Also have a date for the Hoop Beer Fest in May - some things I will miss.

Whereabouts in Billericay? We lived on Potash Road then Perry Street and finally Lisa Close off Norsey View Drive. I went to Buttsbury school and then Mayflower. Did you go there?

willmore Apr 27th 2007 9:23 am

Mickj baby, we meet again. Long time no see you pathetic excuse for a human being.

Dont let the door hit your fat ass on the way out babydoll.

Hope all those vicious remarks you made on that womans pics in the photogallery helped to make you feel more of a man, you need all the help you can get.....you pathetic loser!!!!!!!!