Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

English pub in the shed.

English pub in the shed.

Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:23 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default English pub in the shed.

I've just watched a program on what people do in their sheds. One guy had his completly decked out in full English pub regalia, draught bitter, the wurx.
This gives me an idea. What a great way to emigrate and take your local bar stool with you
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:29 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English pub in the shed.

Sadly I suspect that you wouldnt be able to get hold of a keg of your favourite beer though, as its all done through the provincial liquor boards, and they in their infinite wisdom decide whats fit for canadian consumption and what isnt
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:31 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkles
I've just watched a program on what people do in their sheds. One guy had his completly decked out in full English pub regalia, draught bitter, the wurx.
This gives me an idea. What a great way to emigrate and take your local bar stool with you

You don't have to trek to the shed (a bit cold in winter) - that's what basements are for
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:32 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Sadly I suspect that you wouldnt be able to get hold of a keg of your favourite beer though, as its all done through the provincial liquor boards, and they in their infinite wisdom decide whats fit for canadian consumption and what isnt
Bah Humbug spoilsports!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:34 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
You don't have to trek to the shed (a bit cold in winter) - that's what basements are for
My mother in law does her laundry in the basement. I could put it to better use.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:27 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny - I was actually thinking about doing that (in the basement not the garden shed). Our basement is unfinished but has a really cool stone fireplace in it. I was going to try and recreate my local pub down there except hopefully mine would have better service and I would always be guaranteed to be able to get the comfy chair by the fireplace
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

I know a expat who has just finished setting up a little english style pub in the corner of his basement. Hasn't got the draft beer yet but has some false pumps and a light up bar sign, and old oak looking counter/stools and bench - the works. I came over a bit homesick when I saw it actually He's also got the pool table within reach. Great
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:33 pm
The Cookie Monsters

landhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant future

You know, those 50s boat-shaped bars are going for hundreds over here nowadays. You could make it REALLY naff with one of those!

Hell, why not, just go the whole hog - I know a place, which does some great glow-in-the-dark plastic pineapple ice buckets too
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:05 am
Fancy a Cuppa?

Originally Posted by ladymoose
I know a expat who has just finished setting up a little english style pub in the corner of his basement. Hasn't got the draft beer yet but has some false pumps and a light up bar sign, and old oak looking counter/stools and bench - the works. I came over a bit homesick when I saw it actually He's also got the pool table within reach. Great
I'm just loving this idea.

ENGLISH STYLE PUB SERVING THE LOCAL EXPAT COMMUNITY ** OPEN DOOR POLICY ** DRAUGHT ON TAP ** SAT SPORTS TV ** POOL TABLE ** OLD LEATHER BENCHES ** DINGY BROWN CEILING ** AND YES YOU CAN SMOKE!

Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

I'm just loving this idea.

ENGLISH STYLE PUB SERVING THE LOCAL EXPAT COMMUNITY ** OPEN DOOR POLICY ** DRAUGHT ON TAP ** SAT SPORTS TV ** POOL TABLE ** OLD LEATHER BENCHES ** DINGY BROWN CEILING ** AND YES YOU CAN SMOKE!

***ANNOYING LOCAL WHO WANTS TO BE YOUR BEST MATE***NO TOILET ROLL IN THE LADIES***BROKEN CONDOM MACHINE.....
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:35 am
Fancy a Cuppa?

Originally Posted by The Smiths
***ANNOYING LOCAL WHO WANTS TO BE YOUR BEST MATE***NO TOILET ROLL IN THE LADIES***BROKEN CONDOM MACHINE.....
We used to live next door to a pub that had really naughty pictures in the loos. Women came out giggling. And the men just never came out!!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 10:09 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

I did that in my shed too.

But I also fitted... A URINAL.

OH YES!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 10:12 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Bah Humbug spoilsports!
You don't need british beer in Canada - its chockablock with microbreweries.
Check out Propellor beers from Nova Scotia.
Also something called "Fin du Monde" from Quebec. 14% proof!
Numerous chocolate ales etc to be had. You just got to find them !!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:57 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I'll agree with that, there are some really good beers to be had, if you do your research right, this does have to be long and diligent, I am now in my 10th year of research, but believe it will take a year or two more to fully understand and appreciate Canadian beers.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

We used to live next door to a pub that had really naughty pictures in the loos. Women came out giggling. And the men just never came out!!
That's so funny!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.