Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

For England or for you?

For England or for you?

Old Sep 16th 2014, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default For England or for you?

Why England or why you?

Given that I'm not from the UK, my answer is, "for me". If "England" was substituted with the name of my country (or any of its subdivisions), the answer is still the same.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

happyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For England or for you?

Sorry, but I don't get what you are saying with regards to this thread
Old Sep 19th 2014, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

James Bond was working outside his remit 'on Her Majesty's secret service', therefore 'for me' (ie himself), although I don't know how he was going to pull Beany up by his shoe anyway.

If I found myself in a similar situation, I think I would probably follow orders 'for England' as I'm basically very conformist. Also I like Game of Thrones.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

happyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
James Bond was working outside his remit 'on Her Majesty's secret service', therefore 'for me' (ie himself), although I don't know how he was going to pull Beany up by his shoe anyway.

If I found myself in a similar situation, I think I would probably follow orders 'for England' as I'm basically very conformist. Also I like Game of Thrones.
Game of Thrones, love it
Old Sep 19th 2014, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm basically very conformist. Also I like
Sally? Conformist?

I like GoT too. Good show. Especially the parts that show Khaleesi's nether regions.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Sally? Conformist?

I like GoT too. Good show. Especially the parts that show Khaleesi's nether regions.
I am

That big old husband of hers was easy on the eye, too
Old Sep 19th 2014, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I am
Except when asked to preach your love to jesus Christ your saviour, who came from heaven to earth to save your soul.
That big old husband of hers was easy on the eye, too
Old Sep 19th 2014, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gozit
Except when asked to preach your love to jesus Christ your saviour, who came from heaven to earth to save your soul.
I wait for the other person to blink though. If they're religious I just smile and wave
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyhammers
Sorry, but I don't get what you are saying with regards to this thread
In other words, how patriotic are you about your country and how does this patriotism affect your everyday actions?
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I wouldn't drop Trevelyan since I'd prefer to see him stand trial and possibly have a chance of being rehabilitated. There was a helicopter flying right near them and he could have been saved if Bond wanted. Either way, my decision wouldn't have been for England nor its monarch. It would have been for justice.

I'm just beginning to watch Game of Thrones because of South Park and a recommendation from a friend of mine. South Park ridiculed the show on their three-part Black Friday episode from last year, but Game of Thrones seems somewhat interesting in spite of that.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bc_guy
Well I wouldn't drop Trevelyan since I'd prefer to see him stand trial and possibly have a chance of being rehabilitated. There was a helicopter flying right near them and he could have been saved if Bond wanted. Either way, my decision wouldn't have been for England nor its monarch. It would have been for justice.

I'm just beginning to watch Game of Thrones because of South Park and a recommendation from a friend of mine. South Park ridiculed the show on their three-part Black Friday episode from last year, but Game of Thrones seems somewhat interesting in spite of that.
Game of Thrones is excellent in all departments

Your Bond example is slightly skewed by the nature of his job. He is supposed to work for Queen and country, but when he performs maverick acts, they can be covered up for him.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

In other words, how patriotic are you about your country and how does patriotism affect your everyday actions ?

how patriotic are you about your country

Very, in a historic way, not to interested with today's politics and status quo though

does this patriotism affect your everyday actions?

Not really, not much patriotism with construction mate

Last edited by happyhammers; Sep 20th 2014 at 8:56 am.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Game of Thrones is excellent in all departments, you can say that again!

Sean Bean having a very close shave!
Great wedding party!
Prince Oberyn and the Mountain, what more can I say about that!

And plenty of other OH F***K! moments
Old Sep 20th 2014, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by happyhammers
Game of Thrones is excellent in all departments, you can say that again!

Sean Bean having a very close shave!
Great wedding party!
Prince Oberyn and the Mountain, what more can I say about that!

And plenty of other OH F***K! moments
Hodor!
Old Sep 20th 2014, 11:03 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

In other words, how patriotic are you about your country and how does this patriotism affect your everyday actions?
reality or the Hollywood/made for TV version?

In the real world that I live in - being safe & non paranoid for sure 'freedom' is everything after personal Health & Wellbeing. However if its the Media (the paranoia of CNN & FOX) then we are all doomed ....

Mr Bean, Benny Hill or Charley Drake, the Carry on's makes me as loyal as it gets, as is singing 'The grand old Duke of York' at the top of my lungs. Patriotic is me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.