Emma Raducanu!

Old Sep 13th 2021, 5:35 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emma Raducanu!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
AFAIK she has not renounced her Canadian citizenship, therefore, she is a dual Canadian/British citizen. I have no idea whether she inherited her parents’ nationalities.
so what are you saying here? ?? Because you don't personally know her she MUST be a dual citizen and until you personally know her nationality must be questioned and not identified as British? I see...
Old Sep 13th 2021, 5:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
so what are you saying here? ?? Because you don't personally know her she MUST be a dual citizen and until you personally know her nationality must be questioned and not identified as British? I see...
I am saying she is a dual citizen of Canada and the UK. Are you saying because you don’t personally know her that she only has one citizenship…British?
Old Sep 13th 2021, 5:50 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Boris Johnson was born in New York City and only recently relinquished his American passport when the Internal Revenue Service chased him for unpaid taxes....does that make him a yank?
Old Sep 13th 2021, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Boris Johnson was born in New York City and only recently relinquished his American passport when the Internal Revenue Service chased him for unpaid taxes....does that make him a yank?
If he officially relinquished his US citizenship…no.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Strange thing to say. Any sports man or woman doing a sporting achievement would be just on their shoulders?? Her nationality is not misplaced and not overblown. I think you need to research before race trolling the origins of her parents??
She's very much British. She's went to the same primary school as my nephews. She' came to UK when she 2. She only 1 nationality which is British. She is NOT a dual national. Its something to celebrate to as we've not a decent female British tennis player come through our BRITISH state systems at all for 40 years.
What she did and how did it is a complete marvel. Perhaps one of the greatest in any sport.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...itish-win.html
IIRC it was Steve Cram that, when asked at a major tournament how he felt about all the British support he would be receiving, said something like, "Britain doesn't get up with me to train every morning and, with the greatest of respect, I am doing this for me..."

You can be proud of her if you wish to but that doesn't alter the fact that her achievements are hers, not Britain's. From the sound of it, she had a terrible time earlier in the summer with the expectation of the nation so I am very pleased to hear that she came through that OK.

Unless she is competing in the Billie Jean King Cup, or the Olympics, her nationality is irrelevant.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Sep 13th 2021 at 5:59 pm.
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
What are your thoughts on Britney getting engaged again?

​​​​​​https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...VEN-stone.html
#FreeBritney
Old Sep 13th 2021, 5:54 pm
Tea Drinker

Not anymore.
What about Elon Musk, he holds three citizenships.
Old Sep 13th 2021, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Danny B
What about Elon Musk, he holds three citizenships.
What about him? So does my granddaughter, she was born in Canada…her father is Canadian, her mother is a UK/US citizen. We called her the ABC baby, because she is American, British and Canadian.
Old Sep 13th 2021, 6:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm saying it doesn't matter what citizenship she has, her success is not the result of her having specific passports.
Old Sep 13th 2021, 6:46 pm
Tea Drinker

What about him? So does my granddaughter, she was born in Canada…her father is Canadian, her mother is a UK/US citizen. We called her the ABC baby, because she is American, British and Canadian.
Personally I don't think the public care about what citizenship she holds, they care more about what she looks like. No one gives a crap about Boris & Elon as they are white males, but as soon as you mix some dark complexion into someone, opinions get heated. Look what happened to Megan Markle and Daily Mail readers frothing at the mouth to get a first glimpse of how black Lilibet & Archie look. It's absolutely dreadful that people still think like this.

I have mixed race kids (both are adults now) and it was much tougher for my Daughter, she was always described as 'exotic looking' whereas my Son was described as having a 'nice tan'. Kind of sad really.
Old Sep 13th 2021, 7:41 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm saying it doesn't matter what citizenship she has, her success is not the result of her having specific passports.
No one said it was because of the passports. You've got a cultural bashing fixation from the outset.
You can say that about anything of any sporting situation ? if the England footy team win the world cup we shouldn't celebrate that their representing England, we should individually recognise them as a load of blokes kicking around a bag of air on some grass who kick and run faster than the the other set of blokes???

End of the day she's a product of Beckenham Langley Park tennis club and the British coaches that spotted her. Then her talent , drive and determination. Back to the rock for you to crawl back under I think.. or you can try throw stones from there if you like...
Old Sep 13th 2021, 7:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

No one said it was because of the passports. You've got a cultural bashing fixation from the outset.
You can say that about anything of any sporting situation ? if the England footy team win the world cup we shouldn't celebrate that their representing England, we should individually recognise them as a load of blokes kicking around a bag of air on some grass who kick and run faster than the the other set of blokes???

End of the day she's a product of Beckenham Langley Park tennis club and the British coaches that spotted her. Then her talent , drive and determination. Back to the rock for you to crawl back under I think.. or you can try throw stones from there if you like...
Pah, she's a product of multiculturalism, claiming someone as a national is so 19th century.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 12:05 am
Banned

good debate - >
pesky lefties!
Old Sep 14th 2021, 2:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

good debate - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XmvSm2O1k
pesky lefties!
GB News? There's **** all chance of that playing on this machine.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 2:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

So from what I gather, she was born in Canada, then at a young age parents relocated to the UK, where she has lived for 16/17 of her 18 years on the planet.

Well I guess she is technically an immigrant legally speaking, but eh she is just as British as anyone else here age, she spent most of her formative years in the UK, not Canada.

Silly really the fuss being made of labels, but seems the world we live in now.

My wife is no more Swiss than I am in reality, but because the sperm that met the egg that produced my wife happened to be sperm from a Swiss citizens, she gained Swiss citizenship, but really she isn't Swiss in culture or anything else beyond the fact the sperm came from a man with Swiss Citizenship.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.