Elevenses or Beaver?

Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:53 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Elevenses or Beaver?

I'm just putting the coffee on. Anyone want some?

TIME FOR 'BEAVER'

In the 18th century workers had very long hard days but were allowed to stop for breakfast, elevenses, dinner and fourses. Elevenses, often consisting of bread and cheese, was also called 'beaver'. Eton college used to have 'Beaver Days', when extra bread, cheese and beer was issued for the boys to entertain visitors in Hall.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elevenses or Beaver?

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket

TIME FOR 'BEAVER'

Eton college used to have 'Beaver Days', when extra bread, cheese and beer was issued for the boys to entertain visitors in Hall.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elevenses or Beaver?

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket

TIME FOR 'BEAVER'

In the 18th century workers had very long hard days but were allowed to stop for breakfast, elevenses, dinner and fourses. Elevenses, often consisting of bread and cheese, was also called 'beaver'. Eton college used to have 'Beaver Days', when extra bread, cheese and beer was issued for the boys to entertain visitors in Hall.
Jeez Edna, anyone for beaver?
Given that you live in the lurve shack I suppose we should have seen that one coming, ahem...