Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Eek - Told one of the girls @ Work...!

Eek - Told one of the girls @ Work...!

Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eek - Told one of the girls @ Work...!

Evening Guys!

Work has been very trying of recent days - I'm not totally motivated as I have other, wider issues to be concentrating on!!!

Anyway, after work today, one of the girls and I went into town and did some late night shopping. Anyway, somehow the conversation came up about the months ahead, and I just said..... No, I'm not looking for a new job, and don't have any interviews lined up - I'm just moving to Canada!!!!!!

Well, shocked she was!!! That's for sure. After catching her breath and listening, she was actually really understanding, and totally in agreement with me for the move. She herself went to Oz for about a year and only returned as her family was so huge she was missing out on all the new additions.

I've asked her to keep it to herself, which I think she will. She agree's I need not mention it to the boss until the required one month's notice.

Guys - I feel a bit of relief knowing now that one of the girls I work with knows. It's been so hard keeping it to my self for what has been over a year in the making.

And - about the house...?! The viewing yesterday was cancelled as the person didn't like the area (kids were playing in the play park!!!). Shock Horror.... Anyway - I have 2 now on Saturday which means no lie in for me. Fingers crossed if they aren't interested, someone soon will be.

OK Guys - hope y'all are well,

Bandit!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:14 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eek - Told one of the girls @ Work...!

Way to go - its nice when you get the reaction you would hope for from friends and colleagues as opposed to the one you dread.

Fingers crossed for the viewing Saturday - 2 in a day is good
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

saskia07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bandit

I feel for you, it's tough carrying something as big as emigrating around with you, hey? My biggest step was telling my parents, but they were cool about it, so that was a huge relief.

Good luck with the house viewings, keep us posted on progress as we're both headed west?

Sas x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Way to go - its nice when you get the reaction you would hope for from friends and colleagues as opposed to the one you dread.

Fingers crossed for the viewing Saturday - 2 in a day is good
Hey MMC!

Cheers for that. I've been really wanting to say something to her for ages, but you just can't work out when is best.... Thankfully she's been to Oz for a year and knows what it's like...

I'm hoping the viewings will come to something - if not these ones then, the next.... I really hope it sells.....!

Not sure I emailed about Mr MMC and his passing of the Red Seal - well done him!!!!!

Bx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:37 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks B Just said on another thread, I've just finished work so am off home - if you're not on tomorrow will think of you on Saturday and will those buyers into submission.

If that fails can you send them to Wells-Next-The-Sea to buy mine? Cheers mate, knew you would!!! lol take care
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey - where the hell is that place??? Not ignorant, or maybe I am, but never heard of it????

Yes, of course I'll be on line tomorrow - I'm at work after all!!! dont tell the boss and if there are any prospective employers on here, then I am / can be a very hard worker!!!!

A buyer will arrive one day.... I live in hope anyhow..

At least I don't have to say no to kittens anymore as she knows now why I can't have one. I'd obviously love one!

Bx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:41 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

It always sounds better telling someone that you are or might be emigrating it gets me really excited.

Fingers crossed you get a sale.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah - feels loads better having told her.

And I found out today that she was going to buy me a kitten to make up for my loss of Merlot last week. She knows of a cat that has ginger kittens (merlot was ginger!)... At least she won't do that now.

take care.
Bx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:11 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by bandit
Yeah - feels loads better having told her.

And I found out today that she was going to buy me a kitten to make up for my loss of Merlot last week. She knows of a cat that has ginger kittens (merlot was ginger!)... At least she won't do that now.

take care.
Bx

Aaaaaw B thats such a nice thing for your friend to do!!! Merlot - what a cool name for a cat
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers MMC....

Merlot was previously called Suzuki. Her mate that came with her from the rescue centre was called Honda..... Clearly there were bike mad owners.... Normally I won't change animal names but frankly, Merlot and Monty sounded better.

I'm so sad still about my loss, but very glad I won't be given a kitten. Sadly something I can't do just now. However I will again get cats, and they will be ginger too. I'm hooked!

I really wish I can hurry things along - want to be in Canada sooner rather than later!!!!!

Fancy a visitor in July / August time??????

Bx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:56 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by bandit
Cheers MMC....

Merlot was previously called Suzuki. Her mate that came with her from the rescue centre was called Honda..... Clearly there were bike mad owners.... Normally I won't change animal names but frankly, Merlot and Monty sounded better.

I'm so sad still about my loss, but very glad I won't be given a kitten. Sadly something I can't do just now. However I will again get cats, and they will be ginger too. I'm hooked!

I really wish I can hurry things along - want to be in Canada sooner rather than later!!!!!

Fancy a visitor in July / August time??????

Bx

Sssssshhhhh but my cats were called Gucci (white - deaf as a post) and Armani (black) - I'm flying back to the UK in July as daughter is coming out for the first 2 weeks of August so i'd probably cross you over the Atlantic (or whatever the ocean is called between here and UK, my geography stinks) you're always welcome anytime B

Last edited by mandymoochops; Apr 11th 2008 at 9:57 pm. Reason: speeling about as good as geography
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey!

Oh I do remember you posting about your daughter coming out and that you were coming here to the UK to collect her.

No worries - I don't plan on leaving Canada for some time, so an exploration of the plains will be in order!!!

Had 2 viewings yesterday of the gaff, so hoping there is news on Monday. It also featured in hte local press. Fingers crossed....

Bxx