Easter plans?

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:57 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easter plans?

My wife and daughter have left me for a week or so. (they're in Ottawa visiting her sister). So far the weekend has been mechanic'ing on the SUV (fitting a towhitch), drinking with a couple of Expats downtown, shopping for man food (steak and Fullers London Pride) and tinkering with the ATV. Tonight a break from all the fun as I need to do a Corporate Finance assignment and then tommorrow we're off ATV'ing for the day.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:48 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday: took my GF to a nearby gallery. She's happy, they're putting some of her pencil drawings up for sale and they also want to display/try to sell her latest oil painting (after it's been in another exhibition at the end of May)

Today: took my kid to an outdoor egg hunt at a local park. I found the last two eggs she needed (to claim her prize) and sneaked them inside her hat, you can imagine her frustration turning to surprise and joy when she discovered them 21°C and sunny outside. Firepit BBQ planned for the evening.

Tomorrow: 25°C forecast with sunshine all day. If I'm feeling energetic enough, I might start work on the vegetable patch.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:10 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

as we're still stuck here in crete, greece tonite at midnite we were down the local church in the harbour listening to the priests singing, then had to go an watch judas (stuffed figure unfortunately, not the priest who couldnt sing to save his life) burn while hangin from a tree down on the beach - then a massive fire work display to celebrate the rising of christ which son enjoyed.

weather still warm - is 24 degrees tonite, then everyone had to take a candle lit from the priests blessed candle home where you have to mark a cross above your front door for good luck! then easter sunday everyone has barbecues with nothin but lamb an lots an lots of raki an ouzo (yuk at the raki) an gets nicely langered - yay!!!

can't stand it here tho have some companies interested in oh so roll on an fingers crossed!!! hopefully be out there by end of summer cos cant handle another june/july at 45 deg!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Drove 90mins to a friends house for movie night and got roped into decorating. Today was patronised by the woman in HR block then Flederman bought a new BBQ on sale in Crappy Tire to celebrate the tax refund. Won a free coffee at Timmies

Wondered why people have inflatable Easter bunny ornaments on the lawn when a crucifixion or three would be more appropriate. The tearing of temple curtains and earthquake would be hard for Crappy Tire to encapsulate in inflatable plastic as would Resurrection inflatables for Sunday. I think they would be a sellout.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of

Oink - your plans sound brilliant - won't she compromise, at least on the lamb?

It's bloody cold here in the north of England right now plus I'm full of cold. But I'm hoping to force the kids to go for a little walk in the Lakes today and then to the flicks. Monday - I might make us roast beef, or a bit of lamb.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 2:41 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the start of the new series of Dr Who with son on iplayer - rather good!! best line - "you're Scottish - fry something!"
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 2:50 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Just watched the start of the new series of Dr Who with son on iplayer - rather good!! best line - "you're Scottish - fry something!"
I've got that downloaded - will watch tomorrow..
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 2:55 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I've got that downloaded - will watch tomorrow..
I watched it with son - was expecting crap but actually quite enjoyed - still lamenting Tom Baker as the Dr !
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:55 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Family arriving in time for large leg of lamb, yorkshires, strawberries & cream (& not meaning to rub the lamb in, oink )
Easter eggs and craft with my niece - drive them to the airport very early tomorrow as they fly to the canaries.

Last edited by Bali2010; Apr 3rd 2010 at 9:22 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Days off? What's all that about? I'm working all of it
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:03 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I was working Friday and will be tomorrow too but have Sat/Sun off as my one weekend a month.

Weather here in northern NS is now hitting 25C Who would believe it's shorts, t-shirts and flipflop time in NS? During the Easter weekend back in 2007, we had a snow storm
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:37 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.174 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

At whistler; the sun is out and there is fresh powder. It's bloody great.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:05 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.174 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Break a leg.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:36 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

2 bbq's, 25 degree temps and an expat gathering today with great food and great company , a fab easter weekend
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:32 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Oink
Break a leg.
pfft - went up Seymour at 2 for a few quick runs - 2nd one down - son fell - fractured wrist!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.