Drivers licence test

Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light
Default Drivers licence test

After 47 years in Ottawa I had to take my second driving test, this one for reaching 80.

No road test but a vision, written test ( got 100% correct out of 32 questions) followed by a 1 hour discussion.

Apparently this test started in Ontario in 1996 and originally included a road test. The vision test apparently is the main reason for failing the test, even when they had the road test.

Anyone know if this type of test is required in the UK?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:57 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drivers licence test

Originally Posted by Keith
After 47 years in Ottawa I had to take my second driving test, this one for reaching 80.

No road test but a vision, written test ( got 100% correct out of 32 questions) followed by a 1 hour discussion.

Apparently this test started in Ontario in 1996 and originally included a road test. The vision test apparently is the main reason for failing the test, even when they had the road test.

Anyone know if this type of test is required in the UK?
I seem to recall that you lose your licence at 70. Not sure what you have to do to get it back.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I seem to recall that you lose your licence at 70. Not sure what you have to do to get it back.
you just re new it thats all. thats all my dad did
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

my dad had to go for a medical at 70, gave up his hgv,but wanted to be able to pull stock trailer behind landrover so a medical was needed.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

BTW the 80+ test has to be taken every 2 years in order to renew the driving licence in Ontario. Not sure about other provinces.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 12:20 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My 84 year old Grandad had to retake his test in the UK a couple of year ago. Some to$$er pulled out in front of him and he didn't stop in time, he passed his retake, bought himself a brand new sporty Fiesta and is still driving