British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Drinks at The Scotland Yard (Toronto)- Friday November 30th (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/drinks-scotland-yard-toronto-friday-november-30th-775841/)

Miss Clinique Nov 27th 2012 11:43 pm

Re: Drinks at The Scotland Yard (Toronto)- Friday November 30th

We will be in England visiting family.

Have a good evening, see you all next time :drinkwine:

JamesM Nov 28th 2012 1:43 am

Originally Posted by HGerchikov (Post 10404431)
What time are people planning to get there?

I'm going to get there around 6.30

A work colleague is emigrating to Australia so I will have a farewell drink and then run across town.

It looks like our numbers have thinned a little but still looking forward to it.

The Lees Nov 29th 2012 1:51 am

We may be there a little later - 7:30ish

London Mike Nov 29th 2012 2:47 pm

Apologies, but something's come up and I can't make this one now. Have a great eve and Christmas everyone :).

Novocastrian Nov 30th 2012 4:15 am

Sorry guys but we're no shows too. I'm laid low by a bug imported from Regina by my sprog.

HSJones Nov 30th 2012 4:16 am

Likely arriving with victorfoxtrot around 7ish...

JamesM Nov 30th 2012 4:43 am

Originally Posted by HSJones (Post 10409679)
Likely arriving with victorfoxtrot around 7ish...

Great I'll head there for 7 too. LMartin and his other half are rocking up at 7.30!

Oakvillian Nov 30th 2012 8:49 am

Originally Posted by London Mike (Post 10408838)
Apologies, but something's come up and I can't make this one now. Have a great eve and Christmas everyone :).

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 10409677)
Sorry guys but we're no shows too. I'm laid low by a bug imported from Regina by my sprog.

Good God, it's carnage out there! I'm a no-show too - just come home to find two of three sprogs home early from school with unpleasant bug stuff going on. I think if I go out this evening to escape the wailing and vomiting SWMBO may not let me back in the house.

Next time....

HGerchikov Nov 30th 2012 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 10410079)
Good God, it's carnage out there! I'm a no-show too - just come home to find two of three sprogs home early from school with unpleasant bug stuff going on. I think if I go out this evening to escape the wailing and vomiting SWMBO may not let me back in the house.

Next time....

I just got a call from my work colleague who is supposed to be taking over from me at 5pm. Apparently it has taken him 30 mins to do a quarter of a mile - roads are awful. I have to get home - 8km, then get to the station so if I have the same issues he has I will probably be arriving just as you guys are leaving. Still hopeful, but don't wait up...

Novocastrian Nov 30th 2012 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 10410079)

Next time....

As you say, carnage. Maybe we don't have to wait so long for the next opportunity, perhaps in mid January? I'm off to France again towards the end of that month.

I hope the survivors do the occasion justice.

HGerchikov Nov 30th 2012 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 10410103)
As you say, carnage. Maybe we don't have to wait so long for the next opportunity, perhaps in mid January? I'm off to France again towards the end of that month.

I hope the survivors do the occasion justice.

If we can do mid Jan I won't feel so bad if I have to miss out on tonight. We are also planning a meet in Burlington mid Dec. if anyone is over this side.

magnumpi Nov 30th 2012 9:26 am

Looking at a few of the last posts it just shows how F**ked up the commute across Toronto really is. That's if you actually want to go somewhere with a time restraint attached. :thumbdown:

Novocastrian Nov 30th 2012 9:33 am

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 10410140)
Looking at a few of the last posts it just shows how F**ked up the commute across Toronto really is. That's if you actually want to go somewhere with a time restraint attached. :thumbdown:

True dat.

JamesM Nov 30th 2012 9:35 am

Originally Posted by HGerchikov (Post 10410114)
If we can do mid Jan I won't feel so bad if I have to miss out on tonight. We are also planning a meet in Burlington mid Dec. if anyone is over this side.

I wouldn't bust a gut to get there if the conditions are that bad.

We still have just over half a dozen attending.

JamesM Nov 30th 2012 11:25 am

LMartin and I are propped up on the west side of the bar. A wait for a table I'm in a green top tipping cranberry juice.