Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Drinks in Calgary after the Big Yin

Drinks in Calgary after the Big Yin

Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:00 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drinks in Calgary after the Big Yin

There's a few it seems from here gong to see Billy Connelly - I managed to secure Anns spare tickets and as my hubby can't be there there's another expat making the trip up. 'Ol Mistress Miggins!!!!!

So the Migs and I will be staying over in Calgary that night (maybe getting a tad tipsy after Migs???!!!!!) and I know obviously Ann M and Piff Poff are going too.

Soooooo we just wondered if any Calgary Expats fancied meeting up for a bevvy (cough cough or 6 cough cough) after the show ?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinks in Calgary after the Big Yin

I have to be on the road at about 7am so I won't be partaking in much, but I can do fun without beer too and I am definitely sharper minded for mischief and merry making without the hard stuff!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone

A giddy
Mrs M x
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:29 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
I have to be on the road at about 7am so I won't be partaking in much, but I can do fun without beer too and I am definitely sharper minded for mischief and merry making without the hard stuff!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone

A giddy
Mrs M x
Actually I won't be far behind you leaving early anyway lol
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:51 am
Sawdust making harpy

Just wanted to add that Ann M and PP are going to see Billy - don't know if they want to have any bevvies after or not!!!!!! It just read as though I was talking for them lol - sorry ladies
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Do me a favour and watch out for diced carrots and tomato skins: according to Billy they always pop up (so to speak) even if you haven't eaten them for days.

Also, don't try drinking a pint of creme de menthe!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:38 am
Sawdust making harpy

has anyone tried drinking creme de menthe anyway - let alone a pint?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Just wanted to add that Ann M and PP are going to see Billy - don't know if they want to have any bevvies after or not!!!!!!
I would very much like to join you for a bevvie or three. However, I will be with a car of five people, and I'm not sure I could speak for them - and/or drag them along too, and/or slip away politely! Leave it with me ...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:02 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

A choc pop shooter = creme de menthe topped with Baileys.

Enjoy!

*I accept no responsibility for anyone else's actions after partaking in many of the above mentioned shots.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:04 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
I would very much like to join you for a bevvie or three. However, I will be with a car of five people, and I'm not sure I could speak for them - and/or drag them along too, and/or slip away politely! Leave it with me ...
Same here, we are going with others and I don't know what they will think, we'll see.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:42 pm
Sawdust making harpy

now starting to panic about getting lost Is this place easy to find and can we park anywhere near?

I'll be driving down on my own (actually might plead with the hubby to use his truck and he can have my crappy car for the day that way I can put the satnav on seeing as the cigarette lighter doesn't work in mine so can't plug it in) and really have no sense of direction - once that hurdle is our of the way I can totally relax then
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

now starting to panic about getting lost Is this place easy to find and can we park anywhere near?

I'll be driving down on my own (actually might plead with the hubby to use his truck and he can have my crappy car for the day that way I can put the satnav on seeing as the cigarette lighter doesn't work in mine so can't plug it in) and really have no sense of direction - once that hurdle is our of the way I can totally relax then
There is parking right there and it's really near the Calgary tower, It's on a corner - I'm thinking near that pedestrianised street, but would have to double check....

http://www.epcorcentre.org/en/Visito...ndParking.aspx So yeah it's on the corner of Stephen Ave. You'll find it no probs
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

There is underground parking attached to the Centre. You access it from Macleod Trail just north of 9th Avenue. (I parked in that parking lot every workday for 14 years!!) The front of the Centre faces Olympic Plaza on Stephen Avenue Mall.

Last edited by Havnfun; Nov 11th 2010 at 6:23 pm. Reason: typo
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

It's one of BC's skits - the Scotsman in Rome asks a barman to give him a pint of whatever the Pope drinks.

Diced carrots and tomato peels appear towards the end of the skit!

It's funnier in a wee Glesga accent.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Do me a favour and watch out for diced carrots and tomato skins: according to Billy they always pop up (so to speak) even if you haven't eaten them for days.
Ralph and Hughie.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ralph and Hughie.
precisely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.