British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Drinks in Calgary after the Big Yin (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/drinks-calgary-after-big-yin-693106/)

mandymoochops Nov 11th 2010 4:00 am

Drinks in Calgary after the Big Yin

There's a few it seems from here gong to see Billy Connelly - I managed to secure Anns spare tickets and as my hubby can't be there there's another expat making the trip up. 'Ol Mistress Miggins!!!!!

So the Migs and I will be staying over in Calgary that night (maybe getting a tad tipsy after Migs???!!!!!) and I know obviously Ann M and Piff Poff are going too.

Soooooo we just wondered if any Calgary Expats fancied meeting up for a bevvy (cough cough or 6 cough cough) after the show ?

Mistress Miggins Nov 11th 2010 4:13 am

Re: Drinks in Calgary after the Big Yin

I have to be on the road at about 7am so I won't be partaking in much, but I can do fun without beer too and I am definitely sharper minded for mischief and merry making without the hard stuff!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone :thumbsup:

A giddy
Mrs M x

mandymoochops Nov 11th 2010 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins (Post 8974675)
I have to be on the road at about 7am so I won't be partaking in much, but I can do fun without beer too and I am definitely sharper minded for mischief and merry making without the hard stuff!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone :thumbsup:

A giddy
Mrs M x

Actually I won't be far behind you leaving early anyway lol

mandymoochops Nov 11th 2010 5:51 am

Just wanted to add that Ann M and PP are going to see Billy - don't know if they want to have any bevvies after or not!!!!!! It just read as though I was talking for them lol - sorry ladies :)

triumphguy Nov 11th 2010 6:32 am

Do me a favour and watch out for diced carrots and tomato skins: according to Billy they always pop up (so to speak) even if you haven't eaten them for days.

Also, don't try drinking a pint of creme de menthe!

mandymoochops Nov 11th 2010 6:38 am

has anyone tried drinking creme de menthe anyway - let alone a pint?

ann m Nov 11th 2010 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8974762)
Just wanted to add that Ann M and PP are going to see Billy - don't know if they want to have any bevvies after or not!!!!!! :)

I would very much like to join you for a bevvie or three. However, I will be with a car of five people, and I'm not sure I could speak for them - and/or drag them along too, and/or slip away politely! Leave it with me ...

ireland2canada Nov 11th 2010 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8974819)

A choc pop shooter = creme de menthe topped with Baileys.

Enjoy!

*I accept no responsibility for anyone else's actions after partaking in many of the above mentioned shots.

Piff Poff Nov 11th 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ann m (Post 8975670)
I would very much like to join you for a bevvie or three. However, I will be with a car of five people, and I'm not sure I could speak for them - and/or drag them along too, and/or slip away politely! Leave it with me ...

Same here, we are going with others and I don't know what they will think, we'll see.

mandymoochops Nov 11th 2010 4:42 pm

now starting to panic about getting lost :o Is this place easy to find and can we park anywhere near?

I'll be driving down on my own (actually might plead with the hubby to use his truck and he can have my crappy car for the day that way I can put the satnav on seeing as the cigarette lighter doesn't work in mine so can't plug it in) and really have no sense of direction - once that hurdle is our of the way I can totally relax then :thumbup:

Piff Poff Nov 11th 2010 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8975903)
now starting to panic about getting lost :o Is this place easy to find and can we park anywhere near?

I'll be driving down on my own (actually might plead with the hubby to use his truck and he can have my crappy car for the day that way I can put the satnav on seeing as the cigarette lighter doesn't work in mine so can't plug it in) and really have no sense of direction - once that hurdle is our of the way I can totally relax then :thumbup:

There is parking right there and it's really near the Calgary tower, It's on a corner - I'm thinking near that pedestrianised street, but would have to double check....

http://www.epcorcentre.org/en/Visito...ndParking.aspx So yeah it's on the corner of Stephen Ave. You'll find it no probs:fingerscrossed::thumbsup:

Havnfun Nov 11th 2010 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8975903)

There is underground parking attached to the Centre. You access it from Macleod Trail just north of 9th Avenue. (I parked in that parking lot every workday for 14 years!!) The front of the Centre faces Olympic Plaza on Stephen Avenue Mall.

triumphguy Nov 11th 2010 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8974819)

It's one of BC's skits - the Scotsman in Rome asks a barman to give him a pint of whatever the Pope drinks.

Diced carrots and tomato peels appear towards the end of the skit!

It's funnier in a wee Glesga accent.;)

BristolUK Nov 11th 2010 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by triumphguy (Post 8974810)
Do me a favour and watch out for diced carrots and tomato skins: according to Billy they always pop up (so to speak) even if you haven't eaten them for days.

Ralph and Hughie.:rofl:

triumphguy Nov 11th 2010 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 8976330)
Ralph and Hughie.:rofl:

precisely!