Reload this Page >

Dreams, hopes and dilemmas

Dreams, hopes and dilemmas

Old Sep 22nd 2013, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Dreams, hopes and dilemmas

Hi everyone,

It's been 3 years since we posted on here. At this time we had moved to Calgary with the support and advice of you all here..

Our dream for lots of different reasons did not work out, we reluctantly moved back to the uk in 2010. Of course moving back was great, reunited with family, the familiarity of everything but the 'sliding doors' scenario has been with us constantly.

I honestly cannot believe that we are contemplating moving back to Canada.
Al the reasons why we moved in the first place still exist..

Is don't want to live my life not being able to settle anywhere, for the sake of our 2 children.

I don't know if any of you will recognise the name and recall our plight..

Anyhow, thanks for reading and enjoy your day/evening

Top Cat
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:05 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dreams, hopes and dilemmas

Hello Top Cat. Wasn't on BE back then so I don't know your story, but am not unfamiliar with the scenario (having ping-ponged a few times). What's the pull back to Canada?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 7:29 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn't settle to it before....why might you want to go to all the trouble and heartache to try again, to say nothing of cost. What is your 'dream'...is part of the problem that you are looking for a dream and nothing could ever hope to live up to it? What has changed within you, because I bet there isn't much that has changed in Canada?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 7:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think some philosophy and sociology night courses might help you understand and analyze the UK a little more objectively? It may give you the ability to put the media and general public sentiments of discontent into context and thus perspective rather than just bolting when the hum gets too overwhelming?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:08 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Reading your old posts you left because, husband's job didn't pay enough so you had to use savings, you couldnn't get a job as a nurse, you were lonely, and missed family back home.

Will it be any different? Did you keep up your Canadian nursing registration? Is your PR still valid? Where would you move to?

PS What is a sliding door scenario?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:35 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Reading your old posts you left because, husband's job didn't pay enough so you had to use savings, you couldnn't get a job as a nurse, you were lonely, and missed family back home.

Will it be any different? Did you keep up your Canadian nursing registration? Is your PR still valid? Where would you move to?

PS What is a sliding door scenario?
Think the sliding door scenario may refer to the film of the same name, there is an accident and the main characters life splits for the rest of the film showing what could have happened for the main character depending how her life went from that fork in the road
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Think the sliding door scenario may refer to the film of the same name, there is an accident and the main characters life splits for the rest of the film showing what could have happened for the main character depending how her life went from that fork in the road
Or possibly TC meant to type revolving door.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:43 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Sliding Doors is a good film. Although I do find that the older I get, the less I consider where alternate paths could have led.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:44 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well that too, as long as the door doesn't hit TC on the ass on the way out
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Which ones are on rollercoasters?

Originally Posted by Shard
Sliding Doors is a good film. Although I do find that the older I get, the less I consider where alternate paths could have led.
Are you ageing well like a fine malt whisky shard?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by bats
Which ones are on rollercoasters?
Depends if its Disney world or universal studios
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:45 pm
Yo

Are you ageing well like a fine malt whisky shard?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by Top Cat; Sep 24th 2013 at 11:25 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 10:50 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Top Cat
Hi, yes you are right, i was trying so say where would my life and career be no if we had remained in Canada.

You are correct, our PR Visa's were running out as they were activated in 2007 so we had to make the decision to eith try Canada out or remain in the UK and let the opportunity pass us by. (you only live once)
we took career breaks and moved out for 6 months but at the time Canada was not unlike many other contries and employment opportunities were not great however, we did it and learnt from it!

When we came back to the UK and started back in our old jobs it wasnt long before a massive pay review leaving myself and my husband £8,000 a year out of pocket.
We both work in law inforcment so trust me when i say we have seen a great deal of changes in the last 3 years and the worst is yet to come.

Next year we are opening our gates to the rest of Europe!

Good luck UK, all the very best for the future!
So, do you have valid PR cards? Do you still have PR status? You have to have lived in Canada for 2 years out of the past 5. So if you left in 2010 then it is borderline as 2013 is almost done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.