British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Drastic Action Required (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/drastic-action-required-448742/)

burton bunch May 9th 2007 1:03 am

Drastic Action Required

ok folks so you will be aware that half of our family is in Canada and the other here in the UK - now getting really fed up with the situation and taken drastic action with our house which is currently up for sale.

Taken £10,000 off the price and hope that someone will now buy - wish me luck.

Gaynor
x

Cookie May 9th 2007 1:09 am

Re: Drastic Action Required

You've been apart too long, so desperate times call for desperate measures!

Fingers crossed you'll have a buyer before your trip over in a couple of weeks :thumbsup:

kate white May 9th 2007 1:12 am

:eek: THAT IS DRASTIC I wish you all the luck in the world Gaynor:thumbup:

High numbers May 9th 2007 1:12 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 4756425)
ok folks so you will be aware that half of our family is in Canada and the other here in the UK - now getting really fed up with the situation and taken drastic action with our house which is currently up for sale.

Gaynor
x

Have you changed agents as your house does seem to have been for sale for too long now! Is it worth going mulit agency? Or taking the advert around to the local Police station/hospital etc and seeing if any new staff need a house in the area?

Good luck:)

Liana May 9th 2007 1:18 am

Gaynor
x

What are your estate agents like? Have they given you any good feedback as to why it hasn't sold yet? Presumably the price it was originally listed at was their recommendation and it is sad when things don't progress after having followed supposedly expert advice. Have you checked out the prices and dates sold of other properties in your neighbourhood.
This helps www.nethouseprices.co.uk
Good luck with your new listing.

Flossie and Jim May 9th 2007 1:22 am

Gaynor
x

Hi BB
Best of luck to you and I hope the strategy works. It should certainly pull the punters in and then the rest is down to you and your sales patter (we are so desperate to get the house on the market now that we are forking out loads of money for decorators to finish it off!!!)
Keep us posted
Flossie

printer May 9th 2007 1:26 am

Gaynor
x

Eventually sold ours for £30,000 less than the original asking price so know what it's like, sometimes you have to cut your losses and get out as quick as possible.
Fingers crossed for you.

fuschiagirl May 9th 2007 1:32 am

Gaynor
x

All the best with new price - I know how you are feeling!

Joanne

:thumbup: :thumbup:

BC Hopefuls May 9th 2007 1:34 am

Gaynor
x

Gaynor,

Is the house almost empty of stuff? You know we sold ours in just 2 days at £10k over the asking price. We rented a self storage and put almost everying we own in there leaving just the bare minimum of furniture in the house. Got rid off all our bits & pieces, even in the kitchen. I even put the kettle away and replaced it with a poncy coffee maker for effect!!!! It makes the place look much bigger and gives it the 'show home' effect.
I would definately get some feedback from the agents as to what your viewers thought then you can do something about it. After all that's what you are paying them for.

Good luck!

Mrs Miggins May 9th 2007 1:44 am

BB! Good luck!

We are at the waiting to exchange bit where every time the phone rings you are waiting for bad news, so I do know how you feel and what stress you are under. Mr Miggins has been gone 3 months out of the last 5 so my empathy levels with you are right up there.

The only way I can get through this is by thinking this will teach me what I made of and teach the kids that you can do anything if you put your mind to it!

All the very best to you mate!

Mr Miggins:wink_smile:

steve666 May 9th 2007 2:07 am

Gaynor
x

Took £15,000 off ours 2 weeks ago and added another estate agent. Still nobody comes.:(

steve666 May 9th 2007 2:09 am

Gaynor
x

Is your house listed on www.rightmove.co.uk?

ellsie May 9th 2007 2:11 am

I went through all this last year and I feel for you guys. What is the market like in general at the moment?

Lisa_W May 9th 2007 2:19 am

Good luck Gay. I hope it has the desired effect and you get a buyer and can be on your way very soon. Will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Lisa x

neill May 9th 2007 2:21 am

Gaynor
x

Change estate agent. Good for nothings.... make them earn their commission.