Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dog walking In Cochrane , AB

Dog walking In Cochrane , AB

Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Ralphy Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dog walking In Cochrane , AB

We are looking to move to Cochrane from Calgary. We have two dogs and enjoys the off leash parks. Are there any off leash dog walking areas in Cochrane or with in a 5-10 minute drive. I can't seem to find any on the cochrane town website .

Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:49 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dog walking In Cochrane , AB

Originally Posted by Ralphy Boy
We are looking to move to Cochrane from Calgary. We have two dogs and enjoys the off leash parks. Are there any off leash dog walking areas in Cochrane or with in a 5-10 minute drive. I can't seem to find any on the cochrane town website .

I work with a girl who lives there and is big into dogs and dog walks for a vet here in Canmore, I will ask her and get back, her dogs are her life so if anyone will know she will.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Along side the river is an off-leash area and I think there is another fenced off area near Bow Meadows. We go down to the river quite often but me and my car seats are getting fed up of my dogs launching themselves into impromptu swimming lessons and then clambering back up the bank which consists of black dust!!

Otherwise the Ranchehouse site is a good place for dog walking, and although all dogs are supposed to be on a leash, none are You take your chances. A friend has got a ticket from the Bylaw officers before now, but that is probably fair. He's only been caught once, out of the hundreds of times he goes there

We also walk around the ravine and golf course paths up on the hill and again, it's supposed to be on-leash, but you get great sweeping views around the curves so can put the woofer back on a lead when you need to.

Buy or rent a home with as big a back garden as you can find
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ann m
Along side the river is an off-leash area and I think there is another fenced off area near Bow Meadows. We go down to the river quite often but me and my car seats are getting fed up of my dogs launching themselves into impromptu swimming lessons and then clambering back up the bank which consists of black dust!!

Otherwise the Ranchehouse site is a good place for dog walking, and although all dogs are supposed to be on a leash, none are You take your chances. A friend has got a ticket from the Bylaw officers before now, but that is probably fair. He's only been caught once, out of the hundreds of times he goes there

We also walk around the ravine and golf course paths up on the hill and again, it's supposed to be on-leash, but you get great sweeping views around the curves so can put the woofer back on a lead when you need to.

What Ann m says. I have a large dog and i take him down by the river he loves it.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:48 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ralphy Boy

There are two 'official' off leash areas. The main one is by the river in Riverview. Go south along River Ave and before the iron bridge turn left into the car park and then you have just under 1 km of off leash area to walk along by the river and campground towards the sports arena. I going running here and am always chased by dogs.

The other off leash area is again along the river, but west bound, past the Hwy 22 bridge ( best park there) then head west for about quarter km and then you have a large large off leash. Signs say off leash, but never seen a dog there at all!!
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell
I going running here and am always chased by dogs.
Yeah, I'm sorry about my two Helen - I do try!
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Missed out on mine