Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

DIY Carwash in Toronto?

DIY Carwash in Toronto?

Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute
Default DIY Carwash in Toronto?

Anyone know where I might find a do it yourself car wash.

I'm not a fan of the automated ones, they're expensive and don't do a perfect job. I can't seem to find one where you use the sprayer and the brush etc.

Ta
Rob.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:47 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIY Carwash in Toronto?

Originally Posted by Rob4BC

I'm not a fan of the automated ones, they're expensive and don't do a perfect job. I can't seem to find one where you use the sprayer and the brush etc.

Ta
Rob.
When you do find one make sure you check the brush before you use it.

I didn't one time and ruined a paint job on a six month old car. Not enough light in the bay to see it while I was washing the car. Had to get it power polished to get all the scratches out. Not cheap.

Person before me had used the brush to clean his wheel wells or underneath the car and left it full of grit and gravel. :curse::curse::curse:
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:49 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
Rob.

There's a good one at the back of Murphy's Law (big pub at Kingston Road and Queen St.) You'll need about five bucks in change, more if you want to vacuum. There's another at Warden and Danforth but I haven't tried it.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:52 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
Rob.
Have you thought of putting "DIY car wash toronto" into google?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
There's a good one at the back of Murphy's Law (big pub at Kingston Road and Queen St.) You'll need about five bucks in change, more if you want to vacuum. There's another at Warden and Danforth but I haven't tried it.
Thanks very much, will give them a go.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
When you do find one make sure you check the brush before you use it.

I didn't one time and ruined a paint job on a six month old car. Not enough light in the bay to see it while I was washing the car. Had to get it power polished to get all the scratches out. Not cheap.

Person before me had used the brush to clean his wheel wells or underneath the car and left it full of grit and gravel. :curse::curse::curse:
Oh yeah, had that experience before so am more careful now. Thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Have you thought of putting "DIY car wash toronto" into google?
Yes thanks, google was my first stop, but it gives me very little and it seems that DIY here means coin operated - I was looking for a little more involvement in the washing of my car!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thanks, google was my first stop, but it gives me very little and it seems that DIY here means coin operated - I was looking for a little more involvement in the washing of my car!
You do know that they have a "No Pail" rule don't you? Don't turn up hoping to use your special bucket.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

You do know that they have a "No Pail" rule don't you? Don't turn up hoping to use your special bucket.
I didn't, but that's a little more involved than I was planning.
I just want to be able to use the high pressure spray, the brush, making sure I get all the dirt and rinse.

I used a touchless one yesterday which was good, but still some spots not done. Did it myself in the basement parking, but it's a frowned upon activity.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I didn't, but that's a little more involved than I was planning.
I just want to be able to use the high pressure spray, the brush, making sure I get all the dirt and rinse.

I used a touchless one yesterday which was good, but still some spots not done. Did it myself in the basement parking, but it's a frowned upon activity.

My strategy is to wash in the stall, then drive out to the street, polish and then leave for a hour or more to finish drying. I think it's important not to move the car at this stage in case water comes out of a crevice and beads on the paint. Thus proximity of wash and pub is important.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

My strategy is to wash in the stall, then drive out to the street, polish and then leave for a hour or more to finish drying. I think it's important not to move the car at this stage in case water comes out of a crevice and beads on the paint. Thus proximity of wash and pub is important.
I like the way you think - Kingston & Queen it is then!