Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Did you ever look at your old posts and get embarrassed?

Did you ever look at your old posts and get embarrassed?

Old May 29th 2014, 3:00 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you ever look at your old posts and get embarrassed?

I just have after a comment by Novo and am severely embarrassed, I think I was a knob, goodness knows what anyone else must have thought. Please tell me I am not alone and mellowing over time endears forgiveness?
Old May 29th 2014, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you ever look at your old posts and get embarrassed?

Originally Posted by rae
I just have after a comment by Novo and am severely embarrassed, I think I was a knob, goodness knows what anyone else must have thought. Please tell me I am not alone and mellowing over time endears forgiveness?
No but I've read over plenty of other people's posts and thought they were knobs!

I can't be doing with arguing and putting people down but some people on here go for the jugular regularly to stir the pot
Old May 29th 2014, 3:18 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
No but I've read over plenty of other people's posts and thought they were knobs!

I can't be doing with arguing and putting people down but some people on here go for the jugular regularly to stir the pot
I hear you and think I have been guilty of that too. Looking at this site after a long hiatus I think, good grief why did I say that?!
Old May 29th 2014, 5:14 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I regret that I have occasionally been would up by the odd knob.
Old May 29th 2014, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

These sorts of threads are annoying because you have to wade through the OP's past posts.
Old May 29th 2014, 6:52 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think i'll read all of my own ones but yes there's probably more than half that are total bullcrap and half of those, embarrassing bullcrap.

Don't regret that past and all that shiz
Old May 29th 2014, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

MrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really nice

You can't prove nuttin!

Oh wait, you can...
Old May 29th 2014, 8:47 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Not embarrassed per se, but I have occasionally read through past threads and inadvertently read a post thinking "that's a bit much" and looked to see who said it...and it was me!
Old May 29th 2014, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Should have used better words in previous posts yes or rephrased it absolutely but embarrassed No.
Many subjects will bring out the best and worst in posters in which some threads can get a bit testy.
We all have opinions be they right or wrong. Some posters may attract attention because of the nature of their work and suffer the odd not so nice comment.
Its the personal attack aimed at the individual that causes the most concern when not justified.
Im all for a bit of banter and light hearted ribbing be it about a post I made or indeed about my job and can dish it right back if need be.
Of course this being the internet and the age of the keyboard warrior one wonders if the person making a personal attack with posts on here would actually say those things face to face to the person they are attacking?
Old May 29th 2014, 2:44 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
These sorts of threads are annoying because you have to wade through the OP's past posts.
yeah that is a good point, never thought of that. Perhaps now is should be have you ever looked at threads you started and then thought what a load of bollox
Old May 29th 2014, 2:48 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
yeah that is a good point, never thought of that. Perhaps now is should be have you ever looked at threads you started and then thought what a load of bollox
Can you re-post some of your cringe-worthy past posts or bollox posts and let us opine on it? Of course if you leave it long enough, this one itself will do.
Old May 29th 2014, 2:51 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, re-post the cringeys!

if anything I was way too nice and sane when I first posted on here. I've since hardened up and gone crazy, so it's all good.
Old May 29th 2014, 2:52 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
yeah, re-post the cringeys!

if anything I was way too nice and sane when I first posted on here. I've since hardened up and gone crazy, so it's all good.
I thought you were a softypath...
Old May 29th 2014, 2:58 pm
Yo

Oh, it's Rae. You've changed your icon. Didn't recognise "you" until I checked your profile page. I don't recall any cringe worthy ones from you.
Old May 29th 2014, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
I had a very vague recollection of arguing with you about something but I couldn't find it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.