Dear Boris

Old Jul 30th 2021, 4:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Boris

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I cant remember when I joined this site but have been on long enough to see numerous Brits living in Canada post numerous threads about how backward Canada is (banking the main one) and the unavailability of Robinsons Squash, Walkers crisps etc etc. Some are funny yet these people came to Canada for a variety of reasons. Some have remained here for years but still complain about Canada.
So you posters who think Canada is not as good as the UK how do you now feel about your Government telling you that if you want to come back to the UK for a vacation etc then you will need to quarantine for 10 days?
Some of you are still paying voluntary NI contributions or just cant be arsed to take out Canadian citizenship as you still feel as you are a Brit and not Canadian.

Enjoy your extended stay in this Canadian gulag.

BTW no desire to travel or move back to the UK so I don't need any Midol or other medication.

I pay NI. How does that relate to health regulations in the UK?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I pay NI. How does that relate to health regulations in the UK?
It doesn't and where did I implicate it does? The reason I put that in was another poster inferred that these expats had left the UK or words they used walked out on the country. Those who are still paying NI contributions are contributing to the UK.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 5:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't and where did I implicate it does? The reason I put that in was another poster inferred that these expats had left the UK or words they used walked out on the country. Those who are still paying NI contributions are contributing to the UK.
That's not a contribution to the UK. That's just an investment, if I buy shares in the Botswana Railroad Company that doesn't imply any connection with Botswana. People who have abandoned their country don't deserve particular consideration by that country.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a contribution to the UK. That's just an investment, if I buy shares in the Botswana Railroad Company that doesn't imply any connection with Botswana. People who have abandoned their country don't deserve particular consideration by that country.
DILLIGAF? So I am assuming that you like myself have now abandoned the UK and even though still classed as UK citizens we don't deserve any consideration? I will bear that in mind the next time you complain about stuff in Canada like no culture, architectural designs and how soul less the suburbs in Canada are say compared to Tower Hamlets.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 5:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

So I am assuming that you like myself have now abandoned the UK and even though still classed as UK citizens we don't deserve any consideration?
Of course. It's not fair to walk out of a society, cease to contribute, and expect consideration from that society.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Of course. It's not fair to walk out of a society, cease to contribute, and expect consideration from that society.
Good to know. How about collecting pensions? Are these considered a contribution or an investment?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 6:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Good to know. How about collecting pensions? Are these considered a contribution or an investment?
Neither. Taking money is the opposite of a contribution. I suppose claiming a pension is like turning up in the life of someone you were married to a couple of decades ago and claiming alimony from them.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Neither. Taking money is the opposite of a contribution. I suppose claiming a pension is like turning up in the life of someone you were married to a couple of decades ago and claiming alimony from them.
That would be my ex then.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if, through no fault of our own, we are still subject to the whims of the British government?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Boris
I am not trying to be confrontational by writing this letter but is your shoe size bigger than your IQ?
I see you have just decided that US citizens/permanent residents of the US who have been fully vaccinated can now visit the UK without the need for quarantining on arrival in the UK.

Perhaps you are unaware that there are thousands of UK citizens who live, work and study in Canada and who are fully vaccinated but if they were to return to the UK then they would need to quarantine. It may have also escaped your attention that Canada has a larger percentage of residents fully vaccinated than the USA and I believe until yesterday than the UK itself. So what have we expats in Canada done wrong that you find the necessity that we need to quarantine if travelling back to the UK?

Signed very angry expats across all of Canada.
Aww diddums...

Maybe this'll cheer you up..

Old Jul 30th 2021, 9:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Even if, through no fault of our own, we are still subject to the whims of the British government?
How is it the case that people who used to live in the UK are more subject to the whims of the British government than people who never lived there?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 9:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Aww diddums...

Maybe this'll cheer you up..

https://twitter.com/LordRickettsP/st...32039851085829
Government being in a muddle and applying inconsistent and illogical policies is just government being government. If the policies are inconsistent, illogical, vindictive and cruel then that's just government being Conservative government. No discrimination against people living in Canada is implied.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Government being in a muddle and applying inconsistent and illogical policies is just government being government. If the policies are inconsistent, illogical, vindictive and cruel then that's just government being Conservative government. No discrimination against people living in Canada is implied.
Definitely. I did think mine was funny though!
Old Jul 30th 2021, 10:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Definitely. I did think mine was funny though!
Yeah, I smiled wryly.

Old Jul 30th 2021, 11:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit much to hope the government of the UK would care about people who walked out on the country. The sensible thing for that government to do is to focus on the people who can benefit the UK by generating tax revenue and other economic activity; immigrants not emigrants.
But its ok to expect the govt to care about those who emigrated to the US and Europe?

Speaking as an expat who is paying NI, and but for COVID would now be wrapping things up and returning to the UK permanently,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.