Dead Jealous

Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dead Jealous

Seeing Koogs Birthday thread reminds me it's my Mother-in Laws birthday today, too. She's 80, bless.

I'm dead jealous - not of her, but my hubby, cos he's in the UK right now. He surprised her by turning up on her doorstep this afternoon with flowers and a smile! They haven't seen each other for thirteen years. Had a great day catching up with loads of rellies and friends apparently. His sister in floods of tears - they had no idea he was going.

He's going to pop in on my Mum for me, too - and see how she's coping on her own (even more jealous).

I wanted to go, too!!! <stamps feet and turns red> ...lol
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:27 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dead Jealous

Originally Posted by Calgal
Seeing Koogs Birthday thread reminds me it's my Mother-in Laws birthday today, too. She's 80, bless.

I'm dead jealous - not of her, but my hubby, cos he's in the UK right now. He surprised her by turning up on her doorstep this afternoon with flowers and a smile! They haven't seen each other for thirteen years. Had a great day catching up with loads of rellies and friends apparently. His sister in floods of tears - they had no idea he was going.

He's going to pop in on my Mum for me, too - and see how she's coping on her own (even more jealous).

I wanted to go, too!!! <stamps feet and turns red> ...lol
What a very thoughtful husband you have.

I don't think I would have thought of doing something like that.

Last edited by Hangman; Oct 27th 2006 at 4:27 am.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
What a very thoughtful husband you have.

I don't think I would have thought of doing something like that.
LOL, Steve, he didn't 'think' it - he was 'pushed'

Just got this in email from my sis-in-law (she didn't know he was going either); which made me shed a tear or two....

Oh **** - this is absolutely fanatastic having him here. It was the icing on the cake - I so wanted him to be here - deep down I hoped, but i didn't think the hope would come true.

I love him so much - this is just fantastic..... Mum just couldn't take it in and after about 10 mins of him being here we both had to disappear for a while and get our breath back - I think we went into belated shock!

**** has taken loads of photos so you won't be dissappointed.

Yesterday went perfect - it was a wonderful day.....and today I've just been reliving it all... anyone would think it was my birthday!

Love **** xx

Last edited by Calgal; Oct 27th 2006 at 6:37 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:28 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Did your mum and dad name you all after swear words?

Wish I'd thought of that

"Stop that you little *%&$" Excellent!!!

Last edited by iaink; Oct 27th 2006 at 6:36 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iaink
Did your mum and dad name you all after swear words?

Wish I'd thought of that

"Stop that you little *%&$" Excellent

LOL Good one

(just protecting idendities an' all - but you knew that )
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You never know...There was an unfortunate kids at my school called "****er" (rhymes with Clucker...I kid not). As you can imagine, the Gym teachers loved that!

Those who can Do, Those who cant, teach. Those who cant teach, teach Gym.

Sounds like a nice idea...we have something similar in mind for my parents golden aniversary. Cant really afford 4 flights though, but it will be worth it and I havent been back for 6? years. Got a little while to try and save up for it.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 27th 2006 at 6:43 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

You never know...There was an unfortunate kids at my school called "****er" (rhymes with Clucker...I kid not). As you can imagine, the Gym teachers loved that!

Those who can Do, Those who cant, teach. Those who cant teach, teach Gym.
OMG that's awful - what were the parents thinking? (Or was he from another country where it's just a name?) Unfortunate either way - wonder if he changed it as an adult??
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Calgal
OMG that's awful - what were the parents thinking? (Or was he from another country where it's just a name?) Unfortunate either way - wonder if he changed it as an adult??
It was a surname, Im assuming it was german or something originally.

"Come here ****er", "stop that ****er", "pretend you are a sheep ****er"...no end of laughs for the true bullies of the school system!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like a nice idea...we have somethig similar in mind for my parents golden aniversary. Cant really afford 4 flights though, but it will be worth it and I havent been back for 6? years. Got a little while to try and save up for it.
Yeah, we were trying to come up with a way we could all go - but flights x 5, youngest being in school, and other two having issues with getting time off work just made it impossible really - it would have been nice though, as she hasn't seen the kids in person since the twins were six, and my daughter just a few weeks

Still, she got her son for the day which was most important.

You should definitely surprise your parents, they would love it!

Best thing was that so many relatives and friends came because of her birthday, so hub got to catch up with loads of people (some that he hasn't seen in decades) in a very short time, than he would on a regular visit.