Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Customer service fails......................

Customer service fails......................

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customer service fails......................

Originally Posted by Bali2010
I spent a few months at Argos & seemed chained to the cust service desk.
Low value goods we tended to replace even after the normal month, rather than repair which was the requirement...unless of course the person was rude, in which case it was sent for repair, knowing full well it would come back in a few weeks with instruction to replace.

I'm nice to shop assistants...I have no patience with banks
Consumer Rights in the UK are completely different to those in Canadia
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

brookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bali2010
I spent a few months at Argos & seemed chained to the cust service desk.
Low value goods we tended to replace even after the normal month, rather than repair which was the requirement...unless of course the person was rude, in which case it was sent for repair, knowing full well it would come back in a few weeks with instruction to replace.

I'm nice to shop assistants...I have no patience with banks
i've worked in a bank and there's so much regulation! customers would always complain that there wasn't enough staff, but in all of the branches I worked it was only busy on and off, not particulary at the same time each day.....although it used to p*&^ me off when all the management went to lunch together leaving newer members of staff with a couple of trainees and undoubtedly someone would come in needing to do probate etc that you'd only do twice a year so wouldn't have a clue. all the same, it's very annoying for customers I know!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:47 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Todays customer service fail story (sort of) is our old friends Citizenship & Immigration Canada. Yesterday, I received notice to attend a citizenship test next week. Well, I'm in the US next week so can't. No problem I thought, I'll call the 1 888 number and tell them I can't make it, only courteous thing to do right?

Well, after a number of failed attempts to actually connect with a human being and a long hold I eventually got through to the call centre. In response to my advice that I can't make next week & request to reschedule, I was told "Oh there is no method of telling the local CIC office that you can't make it. The system will just automatically send you a new appointment." WHen I asked whether they could make a note on my file the agent replied "They don't look at it before your test so there is no way of doing that."

So I tried to do the right thing. But the system doesn't allow that. Ho hum.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:23 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
so I gather...my prejudice against banks is that they are the only place I have had the 'computer says no' response, long before little britain...I got my very patient voice on that time
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Todays customer service fail story (sort of) is our old friends Citizenship & Immigration Canada. Yesterday, I received notice to attend a citizenship test next week. Well, I'm in the US next week so can't. No problem I thought, I'll call the 1 888 number and tell them I can't make it, only courteous thing to do right?

Well, after a number of failed attempts to actually connect with a human being and a long hold I eventually got through to the call centre. In response to my advice that I can't make next week & request to reschedule, I was told "Oh there is no method of telling the local CIC office that you can't make it. The system will just automatically send you a new appointment." WHen I asked whether they could make a note on my file the agent replied "They don't look at it before your test so there is no way of doing that."

So will you get fined or made to wait years or something for not being able to make it, even though you tried to tell them?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Yep. Sales of Goods Act, Merchantable Quality, etc... I guess we've been spoiled by consumer legislation back in blighty.

"Canadian Consumer Rights"? Now there's an oxymoron...
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:25 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you don't make a habit of not showing up. I believe that they can get a bit snotty about it.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:47 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I have today been informed that items ordered under next day delivery (last Friday am BTW) will be despatched in 3 working days...!

The email did not contain or which really they should have thought of!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:06 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
So will you get fined or made to wait years or something for not being able to make it, even though you tried to tell them?
Originally Posted by Souvy
I suggest you don't make a habit of not showing up. I believe that they can get a bit snotty about it.
To update this story.....I popped in to the local CIC office, as it's quite handy. Told my tale to the lady behind the counter & she disappeared off for 5 minutes to talk to 'The Officer'. Came back all smiles, and "thank you very much, we really appreciate you taking the time to come in and advise you can't make it. We'll reschedule."

In otherwords, ignore the call centre.