Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

crossing the us. border

crossing the us. border

Old Feb 27th 2014, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: crossing the us. border

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Nexus speeds it up too
Can you have NEXUS if you're not a Canadian or US citizen? I didnt think you could due to ESTA and i-94...
Old Feb 27th 2014, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gozitanguygoinghome99xx
Can you have NEXUS if you're not a Canadian or US citizen? I didnt think you could due to ESTA and i-94...
To be eligible for the NEXUS, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html
Old Feb 27th 2014, 7:39 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
To be eligible for the NEXUS, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html
Yup and yup .. Still have to go to secondary renew tha 90 days ! But usually a separate line .. Went across last Sunday...non Nexus looked like an hour wait .. I was in and out in 5 .. Plus I had 2 very jovial officers !
Old Feb 27th 2014, 7:41 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So what happens when everybody gets NEXUS cards do the lines get any shorter if crossing at Douglas or Pac Highway
I know ... Was a quite a line up at nexus coming in at peace arch last week .. But only took prob 10 mins ... Main lines were 50 !
Old Feb 28th 2014, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Hm interesting thanks!
Old Feb 28th 2014, 4:45 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Well you can if you're a PR, but you still have to do OBIM and you still need to do ESTA if travelling by air. All it means is you go through the NEXUS line and then the CBP inspector has to be prodded awake and blows the dust off the fingerprint machine. It's faster entering Canada but not necessarily when entering the US.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:39 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Steve_
Well you can if you're a PR, but you still have to do OBIM and you still need to do ESTA if travelling by air. All it means is you go through the NEXUS line and then the CBP inspector has to be prodded awake and blows the dust off the fingerprint machine. It's faster entering Canada but not necessarily when entering the US.
I just wave my nexus going into the states and if I need a new 90 days I tell the guy and head to 2ndary ... Fingerprint check , 6 bux and out again . Not usually a long wait . But if I know I need to re do the 90 I try to pick a quiet crossing time.