Cricket World Cup

Old Feb 27th 2015, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket World Cup

OK, we see the pattern now.

Games between associate members : close, exciting and interesting matches played with passion

Games played between test sides : dull, one sided games where the pattern is win toss, bat, go steady before exploding at the death overs. Second inns a non event.

So what teams do the ICC want to remove from next edition....?

ABdV though is a class batsman in any format.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:18 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
OK, we see the pattern now.

Games between associate members : close, exciting and interesting matches played with passion

Games played between test sides : dull, one sided games where the pattern is win toss, bat, go steady before exploding at the death overs. Second inns a non event.

So what teams do the ICC want to remove from next edition....?

ABdV though is a class batsman in any format.
What will it take to get the ICC to extract their heads from their backsides and see the idiocy of the decision to shrink the world cup? Surely at least a small part of the purpose of this championship is to give the minnows a crack at the big guys (and occasionally throw out an upset or two). To remove almost all of them in favour of yet another go-around of a top teams tournament (isn't there already a biennial one? the Champions Trophy or whatever it's called?) seems ridiculously counterproductive.

Agree on ABdV, too. Have only read a brief match report, but he seems to have laid into the last few overs rather effectively! I don't think I would bet against SA at this point.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah...the last of the minnows has been eliminated.

Now we can all settle back to watch the big boys play.

So glad we moved the Ashes for a display like that
Old Mar 10th 2015, 3:25 am
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
Ah...the last of the minnows has been eliminated.
Can England officially be considered limited overs minnows now? So we can get some of that good old underdog vibe? Maybe we should ban test players from the squad completely.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Now *that* was more like it !

Bad luck AB & South Africa - well played NZ
Old Mar 24th 2015, 5:51 am
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I've been quietly cheering NZ on from the start. It would be great to see them lift the trophy. Favourite has to come from the other semi though.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
I've been quietly cheering NZ on from the start. It would be great to see them lift the trophy. Favourite has to come from the other semi though.
I'm with you 100% of the way - would love to see the Black Caps lift the trophy.

The way BMc took on Steyn (who admittedly hasn't been at his best this tournament) was astonishing.
Problem is that Oz have Starc, MJ and Hazelwood. Yikes.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:27 am
Proudly Scarberian

But they have to get past India first- who are still unbeaten?
Old Mar 24th 2015, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

But they have to get past India first- who are still unbeaten?
That is a fair point. India have been progressing so serenely.

I'd prefer *anyone* but Oz to win (naturally), but I think Dhoni & co are going to have their hands full...

Last edited by Hawkmoon77; Mar 24th 2015 at 10:02 am. Reason: typo
Old Mar 24th 2015, 11:24 am
Proudly Scarberian

Yeah I know what you mean. Only two chances of stopping Oz.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

Its gonna be a NZ Vs Aus final imo. I'm a kiwi and obviously want NZ to win, but i know those dam aussies will probably win it.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 1:01 am
Proudly Scarberian

Originally Posted by MrHyperPants
Its gonna be a NZ Vs Aus final imo. I'm a kiwi and obviously want NZ to win, but i know those dam aussies will probably win it.
That my fear. Still the rest of the world will be cheering for crucket in the final, you can count on that!
Old Mar 26th 2015, 1:25 am
Proudly Scarberian

So an ANZAC final this Sunday. Shame it'll be on outside of bar hours.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

So an ANZAC final this Sunday. Shame it'll be on outside of bar hours.
Here's hoping NZ step up to the plate and beat the bloody Aussies in there own back yard.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 5:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching this circus for the last month or so and I think I only like test cricket and county cricket with a proper ball. Although I do hope the Kiwis wipe that smug look off the Aussies by beating them by a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.