Cricket Toronto

Old Apr 4th 2017, 5:01 am
Just Joined

lenny86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cricket Toronto

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster and all that.

I was hoping for some pointers/information on cricket in the Toronto area. I'm aware of some leagues north of the city, but I'm really looking for something more Sunday friendly style. I love playing for the fun and beers rather than getting earfuls of abuse, so not sure I want to involve myself there. (I played once and got so much abuse, and there was no socializing after)

Any existing GB/Caribbean/Aus/NZ teams maybe? Any interest in starting one?
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:26 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket Toronto

Originally Posted by lenny86
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster and all that.

I was hoping for some pointers/information on cricket in the Toronto area. I'm aware of some leagues north of the city, but I'm really looking for something more Sunday friendly style. I love playing for the fun and beers rather than getting earfuls of abuse, so not sure I want to involve myself there. (I played once and got so much abuse, and there was no socializing after)

Any existing GB/Caribbean/Aus/NZ teams maybe? Any interest in starting one?
The Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club (Cricket Club Home - Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club) has a social cricket thing. I have a suspicion the club is more about the social membership than the cricket, though, and they have very nice club facilities near Avenue Rd/401, so I think the fact that membership fees are not posted on their website is probably an indication that if you need to ask you can't afford it...

Most other leagues seem to be dominated by members of a South Asian heritage, and from what I have seen (I used to work for an Indian-owned company, many of whose employees were keen cricketers) the cricket tends to be taken extremely seriously. I'm much too ancient and unfit to be contemplating a return to the cricket field, but wish you well in your quest!
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:42 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket Toronto

Full membership of the TCCC is around $20k as I recall; a cricket only social membership is a more reasonable (eh) $3.5

I've been casually looking for 5 years and ask oakvillan says, it's all winordie league and no beer cricket.

You can rent squares at sunnybrook.... just sayin...