The Cracked Pot

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:14 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Cracked Pot

I got sent this by a very dear friend and I thought I would post it because it's rather nice and I am proud to be a flawed crackpot!!

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do. After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house." The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them."

"For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

So, to all of my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cracked Pot

Originally Posted by Ki76
I got sent this by a very dear friend and I thought I would post it because it's rather nice and I am proud to be a flawed crackpot!!

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do. After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house." The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them."

"For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

So, to all of my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!
Thanks for that - cheered me up on a miserable Monday morning.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Ruthie is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: The Cracked Pot

Thank you, what joy to hear. We musn't take ourselves so seriously either must we Ruthie
Originally Posted by sinope
Thanks for that - cheered me up on a miserable Monday morning.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:53 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Ki
That was lovely.

So from one crackpot to another................. Have a lovely day.

Ice xx
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:27 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
Ki
That was lovely.

So from one crackpot to another................. Have a lovely day.

Ice xx
Awww, ty hun - you too xx
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Cracked Pot

ah thats lovely ki, well i sure am a crackpot
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Hi Ki

That's a lovely story, Karma sent for making me smile through the rain.

I know I'm a cracked pot

Elli

Don't forget to keep posting from Canada.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:13 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get it
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 6:00 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

DOWN WITH THE NORMALS!

THE FREAK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH! Bwahahahaa etc.

Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:51 am
Bright light!!

Originally Posted by Bleech
I don't get it
How can you not??? You're one of the biggest crackpots out there
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:51 am
Bright light!!

Originally Posted by flipflop
ah thats lovely ki, well i sure am a crackpot
and a good club to belong to it is too
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:52 am
Bright light!!

Originally Posted by windward
DOWN WITH THE NORMALS!

THE FREAK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH! Bwahahahaa etc.

And so say all of us!!

Now, where'd I put my second head........??