Costco

Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice
Default Costco

Hi folks,

I am in the US forum, but wondered if you could answer a question for me, please? I live near Detroit, so not far from the border. Does anybody know if Costco carry 'English' Christmas Chocolates? We stopped off at the Costco in London last summer on our way to Toronto (which we loved!) and picked up Crunchies and Chunky Kit Kats. Mmmmmm. Have to pay extortionate prices for it all here, but I believe there is a Costco near Windsor.

Thanks so much,

Karen
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:52 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costco

Originally Posted by Karen68
Hi folks,

I am in the US forum, but wondered if you could answer a question for me, please? I live near Detroit, so not far from the border. Does anybody know if Costco carry 'English' Christmas Chocolates? We stopped off at the Costco in London last summer on our way to Toronto (which we loved!) and picked up Crunchies and Chunky Kit Kats. Mmmmmm. Have to pay extortionate prices for it all here, but I believe there is a Costco near Windsor.

Thanks so much,

Karen
Please allow me to Google that for you,

http://www.costco.ca/Warehouse/Wareh...ouseNumber=534
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Please allow me to Google that for you,

http://www.costco.ca/Warehouse/Wareh...ouseNumber=534
Thanks for the Link........unfortunately the food section only shows gift baskets, not general confectionery. Guess I'll have to take a trip over the river and find out for myself.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:19 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll look and post, within a fortnight or so.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'll look and post, within a fortnight or so.
Thank you!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:23 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

The Costco in Cambridge sells gigantic Toblerones. Bigger than the airport variety.

HTH.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:34 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
The Costco in Cambridge sells gigantic Toblerones. Bigger than the airport variety.

HTH.
A Christmas tradition in the AX household is that the Mrs buys me a Tolberone "Big enough to beat a man to death with". Usually sourced from Costco.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:44 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
A Christmas tradition in the AX household is that the Mrs buys me a Tolberone "Big enough to beat a man to death with". Usually sourced from Costco.
What a lovely story. I suppose it's in your best interests to scoff it down to a less threatening size as soon as possible.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:01 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
What a lovely story. I suppose it's in your best interests to scoff it down to a less threatening size as soon as possible.
That's my excuse.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:24 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Maybe now we know this we also need to know what you traditionally get for her?
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I saw jars of Quality Street - very expensive though at $18. They also had After Eights and Ferrarro Rocher.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:20 am
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by helcat12
Maybe now we know this we also need to know what you traditionally get for her?
Terry's chocolate orange.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Karen68
Hi folks,

Thanks so much,

Karen
the Costco u talk about is my local Costco, a few years ago they actually had Penguins, they were Mint, Original and Orange ones in a multi Xmas pack....not sure wot they have at the mo, they do have Crunchies and Kit Kats year round but they are not true English, they are Cadbury's made in Toronto.....but just up from our local Costco we have a Bulk Barn, and I found "GALAXY" our Walmart sell Quality Street that are imported, they also sell Cadbury's chocolate biscuit selection!!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

HPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to all

Believe it or not Superstore has one of the best selections for British biscuits. They have far more selection in November & December, they appear to be different packaging but the same as many M&S biscuits.

I also realised the other day that one of their mixed no-name value packs contains bourbons, custard creams and cow biscuits. My husband thought Christmas had come early!!

You have to watch their best before dates though as some of the not-so-popular ones sit there for a while and their stock checking is not great (well at least not in our store, but actually I can say that of any grocery store over here, including co-op whose special offers can be code for "they're almost out of date so we've got to shift them")

Helen
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:04 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HPJOS
I also realised the other day that one of their mixed no-name value packs contains bourbons, custard creams and cow biscuits. My husband thought Christmas had come early!!
Cow biscuits! I assume you are talking about malted milk. We used to call them that too...will have to pick some up later, that's if you've left any

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.