Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Corporate Companies and Keeping Fit

Corporate Companies and Keeping Fit

Old Oct 20th 2012, 3:27 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corporate Companies and Keeping Fit

Originally Posted by bats
Did they say if you can donate stem cells or bone marrow? The website only says that peeps who have lived in the UK or France can't give blood or plasma which implies stem cells and marrow would be ok.

Ooo an in Vancouver you can donate blood for research

http://blood.ca/CentreApps/Internet/.../page/E_NetCAD
Hmm will look into that !
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:25 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Your constant attack is getting boring...change your tune mate....what is the matter, not getting laid? By everyone, I was talking about us Brits as I can't give blood either

All the crap you just spout there I am aware of, and yes the mad cow disease plays into it.

Your last corporate job you say..what's the matter, got fired for this kind of attitude? I won't be a tad bit surprised
You said "everyone that wasn't born here." That, to me, is fairly clearly a different category of people from "everybody who spent time in the UK between certain specified dates." You were mistaken. I pointed it out. Your personal abuse is unnecessary.

I no longer work for a large corporation. Smaller employers rarely have the numbers of employees to justify provision of on-site fitness facilities. I would have thought this reasonably obvious, so didn't see the need to spell it out in words of one syllable. Again, I don't know why you choose to make that statement into an excuse to insult me.

Please play the ball, and not the man.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 10:56 am
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Tigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a gym in the office building, not sure how many use it (personally I'd rather run on the seawall than a treadmill like a gerbil).

When I worked at ICBC they have a full on gym with classes & everything, I tried those a couple of times at lunchtime. But as I get very red very easily I would spend the afternoon assuring co workers I wasn't having a heart attack/stroke. I knocked that on the head...
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigger1
But as I get very red very easily I would spend the afternoon assuring co workers I wasn't having a heart attack/stroke. I knocked that on the head...
This is one of the reasons I won't do a work out at lunch time - it would take me about 2 hours to "cool down" again and look a vaguely normal colour.

Before work - not gonna happen. After work - too pooped.

So, walking the dogs is the height of my regime right now.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 10:56 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Your personal abuse is unnecessary.

. Again, I don't know why you choose to make that statement into an excuse to insult me.
Pot meet Kettle....listen to yourself, seriously Seems you only come on here now to see what have posted, and then jump on it like a rag doll. Check your last 2 posts if there is any doubt

Again....I am sure it your attitude got you away from the "large corporation" and it probably a blessing for the folks that had to listen to your cr4p
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 2:01 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Pot meet Kettle....listen to yourself, seriously Seems you only come on here now to see what have posted, and then jump on it like a rag doll. Check your last 2 posts if there is any doubt

Again....I am sure it your attitude got you away from the "large corporation" and it probably a blessing for the folks that had to listen to your cr4p
See you in two weeks. Oakvillian is arguing the point, you are playing the man and Im not having it. As for any suggestion he is harrassing you, I dont see any evidence and you have not come to the mods about it. Its up to the mods to deal with any perceived problems, not for you to take it upon yourself to lash out. Learn from this when/if you come back.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 23rd 2012 at 2:04 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 3:38 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
See you in two weeks. Oakvillian is arguing the point, you are playing the man and Im not having it. As for any suggestion he is harrassing you, I dont see any evidence and you have not come to the mods about it. Its up to the mods to deal with any perceived problems, not for you to take it upon yourself to lash out. Learn from this when/if you come back.
Ooooopsy !
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:42 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

In my old company they used to do yoga after work in main atrium for those interested on Tuesday and get an instructor in for that..we also had a health and wellness person (lady) who used to do fitness and eating tips and shit like that..she also used to come and do a Monday morning stretching routine which was mandatory for everyone to attend..now i flatly refused based on the fact she was about 5 stone overweight and and wouldn't know how to stretch an elastic band.

She didn't like the fact i pointed out in front of everyone that she was doing the stretches completely wrong and was doing more harm than good. of course she said i didn't know what i was talking about, until i pointed out that i was qualified FA and UEFA football coach and had been doing stretching routines as a player and coach for the last 30 years.

How she got such a well paid job i will never know
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:51 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

am also verboten to Cdn blood services as was in UK during the BSE thingy. Don't care anyway!
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:49 am
half a century

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Yay they said yes - Kiwi - wanna join me ?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:19 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Yay they said yes - Kiwi - wanna join me ?
Do they pay?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:31 am
half a century

Originally Posted by Oink
Do they pay?
Naaa but I believe tea and biscuits. !
Old Oct 24th 2012, 9:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Naaa but I believe tea and biscuits. !
Is the tea English though?
Old Oct 24th 2012, 9:26 am
half a century

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Is the tea English though?
Hmm better not be that Orange Pekoe stuff!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:25 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm better not be that Orange Pekoe stuff!
That's all I hear in my house. Maldwyn gets his tetley or glenghetti delivered by anyone who goes back to the UK. I on the other hand miss Kenko

Back on track our work would love to have a gym but I work for a municipality who lives in the 19th century

On the plus side our Rec coordinator is an awesome boot camp instructor and we have Zumba

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.