Coronavirus

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I don't consider online groceries a viable option at this point, even order online and pick up isn't viable unless you can plan 1+ week in advance what you need and hope its in stock when your delivery day is to occur.

Was going to try Super Store order online and pick up, but not one slot available between now and April 4th which is as far as their website goes at the moment.

Amazon is basically useless for most grocery needs and everything seems out of stock for the next 2-4 weeks. At least everything I checked came up out of stock and their selection is pretty limited.

Save On's website seems to barely function at this point and can't even sign in, trying several times a day since Friday on 2 different computers.

Downside to Save On is their prices tend to be on the high side. But I only get this when trying their website.

keep trying, I tried loblaw/pc superstore delivery this morning...there were no del times available. Now it shows today in 2 hr or 27th all day. Same applied to costco del this morning...no stock...now it is showing. I didn’t want anything, I was just looking at del times out of interest.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Same here in NZ at the moment J.
I've had to use online shop and delivery or click and pick up by MrBEVS for the past 6/8 weeks because of the ankle but those services are now overwhelmed. Goodness knows how you actually get a slot. You can't and I tried for both the towns near us.

What foods does Charlee eat . I can't remember. Dusty has a mix of raw , wet and a little bit of dry ( kibble)

The world is going to pot but folks still expect plumbers to be out there to fix their toilets.
Its a locally made food called Red Dog Blue Kat.

I think I found a store I can get it from, they are doing curbside pick up a couple days a week this week instead of closing completely.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think I found a store I can get it from, they are doing curbside pick up a couple days a week this week instead of closing completely.
Oo. Good stuff by the looks of that. I would get that for Dusty pusscat.

I hope you manage to get some supplies J.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

maybe time to mix that with a more readily available kibble mix, to enable a complete change of food without upsetting Charles tum
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Now you can see the value of a garden shed and couple of jugs of homemade cider. If only to self isolate from err indoors.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oo. Good stuff by the looks of that. I would get that for Dusty pusscat.

I hope you manage to get some supplies J.
We did pick up 2 small bags of kibble on Amazon as an emergency back up if need be, and I dig manage to score some made in New Zealand canned food which I think if mixed with kibble will entice her if need be, she wont starve she may just not love it.

I still find it odd how food that made from New Zealand meats and veggies, canned in New Zealand, then shipped to Canada has a lower retail price than a food produced in Canada, you would think it would be the opposite.

I find the dog food and treats that come from New Zealand are good quality too. The brand is K9 Naturals says made in Christchurch from whole New Zealand ingredients.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
Now you can see the value of a garden shed and couple of jugs of homemade cider. If only to self isolate from err indoors.
If we had a house with a yard at least i could go outside and fidget in the yard, and keep busier and not stuck inside. A house also limits your contact with other people. I am to the point if I do venture out, I wear latex gloves, and using tooth picks to press the button on the elevator, and refusing to ride in the elevator with other people, which is also now what the strata is requesting as well.

Reading a first hand detailed account of a 42 year old man in the US who posted his experience (still in hospital being treated) this thing sounds awful if you end up not being a mild case, sounds like the flu on steroids and at least in his experience sounds like it tricks you and you think your getting better and than bam it gets even worse.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 22nd 2020 at 10:35 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

Labatt like some other alcoholic beverage makers is going to produce hand sanitizer, they plan to produce 50,000 bottles initially. They will donate the bottles to various places depending on local need. (Not selling it)

https://globalnews.ca/news/6715882/l...PRKJJsZO3OTEuk
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! I found this one who look like they are still delivering, if you get desperate, delivery is free (they also have a sale on some items).. https://nupetfooddelivery.com/collec...blue-kat-dog-1
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
keep trying, I tried loblaw/pc superstore delivery this morning...there were no del times available. Now it shows today in 2 hr or 27th all day. Same applied to costco del this morning...no stock...now it is showing. I didn’t want anything, I was just looking at del times out of interest.
Superstore website works they just have no slots for 10 days, but I do check through the day to see if any cancel. Save On had some for this week when I briefly was able to access their site, but it crashed on me when I tried to add to the cart, and now while I got back on they have no slots left for the week.

Seems Sunday maybe is the day they open slots and everyone goes on and crashes their site and a select few manage to secure one, dunno.

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Superstore website works they just have no slots for 10 days, but I do check through the day to see if any cancel. Save On had some for this week when I briefly was able to access their site, but it crashed on me when I tried to add to the cart, and now while I got back on they have no slots left for the week.

Seems Sunday maybe is the day they open slots and everyone goes on and crashes their site and a select few manage to secure one, dunno.
like I said, this morning there were no slots for approx 14 days...late afternoon showing slots from 27th onwards. Of course that’s for my post code, but I was thinking maybe its because weekends are particularly busy.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 12:15 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Advertise them on kijiji - I currently have a month's supply of duck eggs pre ordered, it's gone crazy. People pay through etransfer, text me their arrival time and I leave the eggs in a sanitized tote at the end of the driveway shortly before arrival time and they pick them up.
Maybe for the next lot. I had to go to the small animal vet today so I dropped into a café where they usually buy them and cleared the backlog. I also picked up a curry and went to Home Depot to return an unused box of hardwood flooring. After a week of being indoors reading the internet I was quite surprised that outside it's business as usual.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 12:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Wish I could!!! They would taste so much better than store-bought.
That is absolutely true. Many of the people in the egg pool are quite recent arrivals from poor countries. It's routine for them to say "I couldn't believe what they sell as eggs here". Freshness is important, when I put the eggs in customers' hands they are, at worst, two days old, but there's a fundamental lack of quality to supermarket eggs such that home grown eggs are better even if they're past their best.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Some condo buildings in Toronto have put a ban on all deliveries apart from food and meds. So far ours has asked to restrict online ordering. My daughter has a 5 yr old at home and is trying to keep her occupied by ordering games, puzzles, crafts etc. Online school lessons begin this week...hopefully that will occupy her for a while each day.
Surely they can't really force that, since you are paying rent to live there. They want people to stay inside, then say don't do online shopping....can't have your cake and eat it too would be my response. Do they want people shipping things to PO boxes or the post office and then unnecessarily having to leave the house? I suppose you could argue that what people may be shopping for is not strictly necessary, but come on in this age of social distancing and staying home surely we can be allowed to indulge in SOME frivlolous spending?

Does your granddaughter go to private school? I'm not aware of online school beginning in this area. The latest we've heard is elementary and high school will still be returning on 6th April.
Originally Posted by scilly
I'm now limiting how much I listen to or read about the virus. Not because I'm burying my head in the sand, but because I want to concentrate on what is really being said by those in charge, not the talking heads pontificating.

I listen to Trudeau's daily morning press call and questions on the CBC radio. I may listen to the noon or 1 pm news on CBC radio. That's so I know what the government is really saying.

I watch whatever is said about the daily press conferences by Adrian Dix and Bonnie Henry for what the Minister of Health and Provincial Health Officer are really saying.

If I want to know more or clarify what they said, then I google for the official report.

Life is hard enough at the moment, without getting my head in knots trying to make sense of all the false rumours floating around.

Some stores are limiting number of customers entering the building, and marking distances to stand ...... OH found that Best Buy on Marine Drive was doing that last Friday.

Safeway/Sobeys say they are installing plexiglass shields for their cashiers as fast as possible.

BC Transit and Translink are installing shields for their drivers ASAP

Grocery store orders online are going to take longer from order to delivery, but I might well have to try even if it is not Safeway which doesn't deliver but Save-On-Foods which does. But it may well mean having to think what I need a week ahead instead of immediately!
I am in the same boat scilly. I may take your advice and follow the daily briefing with the PM and anything related and then switch it off.

Originally Posted by ann m
Anyone else have teenagers or young adults in the house who suffer from anxiety. My two have pretty much refused to watch the news in tv since they were in their mid teens. It’s was too depressing, and boring.

So I don’t know where they are getting their information now. Piecemeal via social media. I find myself having to feed news and facts, and guidelines to them in carefully worded texts so as not to freak them out but to get the seriousness of this across.

There would likely be a generation or two that simply don’t tune in to BBC or CBC or any other large national (reputable?) news outlet - and are still very slow to this party.
I am in this camp. Not a teenager anymore but 21 and am not really a follower of mainstream media, because it is always someone getting murdered or raped or some scandal and just negative energy overall. I am not diagnosed but I am sure I have some underlying anxiety and mental health issues. However during this crisis I have definitely chosen to follow CBC, BBC, etc. The most extreme form of social distancing i've taken is to not follow social media, because it's just become a toxic mess of coronavirus related BS. It is difficult to keep away from social media when you can't leave the house, but it was driving me mad.

There needs to be more of a conversation on how this is affecting people's mental health. It is definitely affecting mine as someone who thrives on regular social contact with others and social activity. The government needs to make supports available for people in this regard. Up until now I have been able to self-cope and haven't sought professional attention for my mental health but I fear the longer this pandemic goes on I may be adversely affected.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 1:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Gozit
Surely they can't really force that, since you are paying rent to live there. They want people to stay inside, then say don't do online shopping....can't have your cake and eat it too would be my response. Do they want people shipping things to PO boxes or the post office and then unnecessarily having to leave the house? I suppose you could argue that what people may be shopping for is not strictly necessary, but come on in this age of social distancing and staying home surely we can be allowed to indulge in SOME frivlolous spending?

Does your granddaughter go to private school? I'm not aware of online school beginning in this area. The latest we've heard is elementary and high school will still be returning on 6th April.
Not my condo building, but some are refusing to accept non food/med packages. Not sure how they know what is in a package. We are owners, not renters. We pay condo fees towards this service, but I believe yes if the condo board approved it, it can and will be upheld.

Yes she goes to private school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.