Cooking question

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:38 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cooking question

ok this might be a Silly question but Can you get decent frying pans in Canada? I don't mean a skillet or ridged grill Pan for the hob - I Mean a lard enclosing good old british frying Pan!

Sorry If it is a Silly question but trying to decide whether to ship ours or not. The thought of not being able to have an Ulster fry is not going down too well with hubby!

Last edited by Zoe Bell; Apr 22nd 2007 at 6:49 pm. Reason: illiterate nature of poster!.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:39 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cooking question

Zoe

Even if you can get the frying pan, it looks like decent sausages and bacon are as rare as hens teeth in lots of places!

C
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, any meat tastes good If you use enough lard!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you can get decent frying pans in Canada. Where do you think you are going to for heaven's sake?

I have some waterless stainless steel cookware that comes with a frying pan. It works really well so long as you don't have the heat too high. I understand this is because expensive stainless steel conducts the heat really well and doesn't need the temperature high to cook things.

Mine is made by Maxam.

http://www.google.com/products?q=max...oogle&ct=title

I got them as a Christmas present from my sons a couple of years ago.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:39 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a stainless steel cookware set here which included 2 sizes of frying pan. I don't like it for frying eggs but you can easily buy non-stick for that. I also like the bacon here. I buy streaky and fry it to a crisp

If you are bringing a container to Canada then I would pack as much in as you can, especially kitchenware and gardenware. You don't realise how much you have until you have to start from scratch. It is costly and too time consuming to replace everything. Amongst other things, I am glad I brought over my old soup pot, kitchen bits n pieces from garlic press through to tin opener, pyrex bowls, etc. Wish we had brought over the wheelbarrow but glad we brought over other gardening tools
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:25 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
ok this might be a Silly question but Can you get decent frying pans in Canada? I don't mean a skillet or ridged grill Pan for the hob - I Mean a lard enclosing good old british frying Pan!
No. North America is devoid of frying pans. North American's broil, steam and grill food items. That's why everyone is so slim and healthy.

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
No. North America is devoid of frying pans. North American's broil, steam and grill food items. That's why everyone is so slim and healthy.

Ha! Ofcourse we have good frying pans! we even have saucepans if you look hard enough! ( under an igloo!!!!)

glad to have you back so soon HWP. I thaught you said that you would be off the `puter for a while. Glad you changed your mind
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:22 pm
Professional Cat herder

Didn't mean to imply that Canada 15 Some how Inferior frying Pan wise but I had genuinely noticed that not Many places fry food. Most of the cooked breakfasts and stuff I've had have been griddled or grilled - that's why I wondered. Cooking habits Can vary hugely even in regions of the UK; let alone in another Country:
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't mean to imply that Canada 15 Some how Inferior frying Pan wise but I had genuinely noticed that not Many places fry food. Most of the cooked breakfasts and stuff I've had have been griddled or grilled - that's why I wondered. Cooking habits Can vary hugely even in regions of the UK; let alone in another Country:
Are you any relation to the Radio 1 DJ? Or is that Ball?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:04 am
Professional Cat herder

<sigh> no I'm afraid thats Zoe BAll . you'd be amazed how many times my name gets misheard though and I end up being booked in as Zoe Ball. The look of inevitable disappointment can get a bit soul destroying after a while as believe me if you were expecting Zoe Ball to turn up and you got me , lookswise you would feel very let down!!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:20 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

<sigh> no I'm afraid thats Zoe BAll . you'd be amazed how many times my name gets misheard though and I end up being booked in as Zoe Ball. The look of inevitable disappointment can get a bit soul destroying after a while as believe me if you were expecting Zoe Ball to turn up and you got me , lookswise you would feel very let down!!!
Oi, you're supposed to be at work, working. Earn me pennies woman!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:38 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I bought a stainless steel cookware set here which included 2 sizes of frying pan. I don't like it for frying eggs but you can easily buy non-stick for that. I also like the bacon here. I buy streaky and fry it to a crisp

If you are bringing a container to Canada then I would pack as much in as you can, especially kitchenware and gardenware. You don't realise how much you have until you have to start from scratch. It is costly and too time consuming to replace everything. Amongst other things, I am glad I brought over my old soup pot, kitchen bits n pieces from garlic press through to tin opener, pyrex bowls, etc. Wish we had brought over the wheelbarrow but glad we brought over other gardening tools
Totally agree on the wheel barrow thing (not that they are any good for frying eggs) - I wish we had found room for it - the price over here is crazy plus the majority seem to be made of plastic with wood handles!!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry If it is a Silly question but trying to decide whether to ship ours or not. The thought of not being able to have an Ulster fry is not going down too well with hubby!
Bring the ones you have. We are glad we did.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:24 pm
Banned

nimiq1 is an unknown quantity at this point

What ...you mean your ears are sticking out more than hers, or your OH doesn't look like fatboyslim?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

moonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Oi, you're supposed to be at work, working. Earn me pennies woman!
Leave her alone man. She's trying to sort out your bloody breakfasts for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.