Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

complainers thread seems to have vanished

Wikiposts

complainers thread seems to have vanished

Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: complainers thread seems to have vanished

What happens on discussion forums, and this one is certainly no different, is that the chap who has something to say is not particularly subtle or politically correct and comes out and speaks his mind. This predictably will offend, annoy, irritate, p*ss off, others who will bitch and complain to the mods but don't have the gumption to state their case. So he ends being booted off just to appease the few who protested.

I know that there are rules to this forum and I can live with them but if he has sinned, and I can not see why or how, then there must be more than a few thin-skinned people people posting here.

Isn't it simpler to ignore certain posters and allow a measure of freedom of speech?

I think there has to be a line drawn somewhere such as not using filthy language and curse words and not indulging in personal verbal attacks but from what I recall this was far from being the case!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: complainers thread seems to have vanished

Originally Posted by montreal mike
What happens on discussion forums, and this one is certainly no different, is that the chap who has something to say is not particularly subtle or politically correct and comes out and speaks his mind. This predictably will offend, annoy, irritate, p*ss off, others who will bitch and complain to the mods but don't have the gumption to state their case. So he ends being booted off just to appease the few who protested.

I know that there are rules to this forum and I can live with them but if he has sinned, and I can not see why or how, then there must be more than a few thin-skinned people people posting here.

Isn't it simpler to ignore certain posters and allow a measure of freedom of speech?

I think there has to be a line drawn somewhere such as not using filthy language and curse words and not indulging in personal verbal attacks but from what I recall this was far from being the case!
Okay, I did ask earlier in this thread not to drag this up again ...... and as a week has gone by since this thread was started its old news now. So lets move along and enjoy the time of year shall we. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.