Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

complainers thread seems to have vanished

Wikiposts

complainers thread seems to have vanished

Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default complainers thread seems to have vanished

i had wanted to add some comments but can't get into that thread

why?

Last edited by montreal mike; Dec 17th 2008 at 1:09 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:09 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: complainers thread seems to have vanished

Originally Posted by montreal mike
i has wanted to add some comments but can't get into that thread

why?
because BE is owned by a company that trades on the stock exchange... ie, keep in line or STFU...
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

i has wanted to add some comments but can't get into that thread

why?
It was deleted by the moderators. Note that it didn't complain about the moderation. Moderators can, of course, behave in any way they see fit.
Rich_007, as explained on the original thread, was banned for the reason of attracting too many complaints. Fair enough. My thread just asked the complainers to state their objections to Rich_007 (admittedly so I could deride them).
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:12 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbd33
It was deleted by the moderators. Note that it didn't complain about the moderation. Moderators can, of course, behave in any way they see fit.
Rich_007, as explained on the original thread, was banned for the reason of attracting too many complaints. Fair enough. My thread just asked the complainers to state their objections to Rich_007 (admittedly so I could deride them).
I like the reason: private meddage - very Yogi Bear
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:14 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada2006
I like the reason: private meddage - very Yogi Bear
Now YOU will be in trouble for taking the proverbial out of someones inability to spell properly....
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
dbd .. Thanks for clearing that up. I agree that moderators have the final word or it would be chaos But i do like the idea of those who find rich007 objectionable to tell us what exactly pissed them off.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

dbd .. Thanks for clearing that up. I agree that moderators have the final word or it would be chaos But i do like the idea of those who find rich007 objectionable to tell us what exactly pissed them off.
That's what I asked. It's an interesting issue to me. I've been a poster on the Gruaniad site forever (http://www.guardian.co.uk/talk) a site from which posters get banned for obscenity (has to be outrageous obscenity) or for posting things that put the site in legal jeopardy, usually potentially libellous comments about celebrities, but never for offending other posters. Arguably the whole point of a talkboard is to post opinions potentially offensive to other posters. Rich_007 doesn't seem outrageous to me so I thought there might be some fun in seeing he posted that people thought was unacceptable.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:38 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

Steve666 has never been given a reason as to why he was "banned for life" Given his obtuse sense of humour and very normal character I can only summise that there is problem in the humour dept at BE Central... well, that's becomming ever more and more obvious... and that's obvious to an unhyphenated Canadian's POV... so you know it's REAL bad...
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Did I miss something - when did he get banned?? he was posting yesterday on the gay police people thread. . .oh maybe that was why?
BE Forum Addict

I guess that many posters here at one point say something that offends others. I dare say at this forum I have done my fair share although so far I have not managed to get myself banned. What I find absurd is that posters can complain about others but remain anonymous. If they have something to say then let them do so. This thread is a perfect opportunity.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I've reinstated this thread but ask that you adhere to the site rules (rule 14) regarding the banning of a certain member and not discuss the moderators actions in this thread. It's all conjecture and none of you are privy to any of the events that proceeded today's actions. Its already been explained in another thread, and I'm not going over it again.

Thanks

Sue

Oh and Merry Christmas, Bah Humbug and all that
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:25 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwp
because BE is owned by a company that trades on the stock exchange... ie, keep in line or STFU...

Nanny tirelessly monitors forum discussions to make sure that everyone behaves. Though he is quick to admonish for off-topic messages and petty squabbling, he is generally slow to anger. Rather than wading into pitched battles, Nanny simply pulling the plug on combatants and bans repeat offenders.Weaker Warriors such as Innocence Abused, Weenie and Crybaby will run to Nanny for protection in the midst of battle.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/nanny.htm
Old Dec 24th 2008, 11:59 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Where is the complainers thread?
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GavinR
Where is the complainers thread?
right here
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:34 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Oh, I was looking forward to reading lots of moaning about moderators and how wet this board is becoming. What other boards are good for posting on, preferably those that have Rich_007 on them. I don't think I agreed with a thing the guy said but he sure was entertaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.