Closed Threads.

Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:57 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Closed Threads.

How annoying are closed threads? I had a great point to a thread today, and have now found it to be closed.

It would have started some great bickering as well...!!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Closed Threads.

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
How annoying are closed threads? I had a great point to a thread today, and have now found it to be closed.

Tell us anyway - go on get it off your chest
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:06 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joelsa
Tell us anyway - go on get it off your chest
Well as you twisted my arm. It was in response to Saskia's goodbye post (but is basically in response to any goodbye post).

If you want to leave BE for any reason - why do you need to make such a fanfare about it? Why not just stop posting and vanish - unless you want us all to beg you to stay because you are so witty/helpful/add your own thing here!

Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Well as you twisted my arm. It was in response to Saskia's goodbye post (but is basically in response to any goodbye post).

If you want to leave BE for any reason - why do you need to make such a fanfare about it? Why not just stop posting and vanish - unless you want us all to beg you to stay because you are so witty/helpful/add your own thing here!

Well i have to agree with you about the dramatic exits, i can never understand it either.

I suppose for them it's a kind of affirmation that people DO care about them, even if it is only in cyberspace
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:50 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

I entirely agree with this nonsense of making a grand exit. Just stop posting, that's all you have to do.

But, I'm sure she (and others who have made public farewells) will be back with another name.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

When that happens to me I start a new thread with a copy and paste of what I'm responding to and put the quote /quote things in myself.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Can i start a thread to say im not leaving

well not yet anyway,sorry

but i would like to thank my publisher Butch ( as he is always editing my posts ) and my illustrator MMC
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:40 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that if you have had enough of the forum then it's probably best to leave quietly, but.....

Some people make some very good virtual friends and might want the to have the opportunity to say goodbye.

As usual some people will agree and others not.

Charlie

Acting Libran and taking both sides!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by purple80
I agree that if you have had enough of the forum then it's probably best to leave quietly, but.....

Some people make some very good virtual friends and might want the to have the opportunity to say goodbye.

As usual some people will agree and others not.

Charlie

Acting Libran and taking both sides!
I think that is a really good point Charlie and I was thinking the exact same thing
It is easy to think that someone is just attention seeking by posting a "goodbye" thread and maybe sometimes that is the case but maybe the person just wants to let everyone know that they are bugging out....it would be a disappointment to their virtual friends if someone just vanished without a word...Someone will say that they could use PMs but hey, its a free world.
Forums bring out the worst in people sometimes...including me.....
I fly RC Helicopters and frequent a forum for such and the tag line under the title reads "Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect" - makes a lot of sense to me..
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:34 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

So post in the rats and sinking ship thread
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

is it closed?? doesnt look it to me.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:48 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
is it closed?? doesnt look it to me.
checked it
tis closed
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
checked it
tis closed
So it is, didnt it used to say thread closed in a bigger more obvious way?? Subtlety is lost on me.

As was AmyDavids post really, why not post about leaving, its just as valid as posting about people posting about leaving.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:57 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
So it is, didnt it used to say thread closed in a bigger more obvious way?? Subtlety is lost on me.

As was AmyDavids post really, why not post about leaving, its just as valid as posting about people posting about leaving.
We all need to post about posting about other people posting for the people who have posted that they are leaving.....simple
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

As the OP of the thread in question has since left BE I felt it appropriate to close the thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.