Citizenship process

Old May 26th 2010, 7:09 pm
don't fail to research

No1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of light
Default Citizenship process

We have finally reached our 3 years and are going to put in for citizenship. We would love to hear from anyone who has done it recently - how long did it take, what was the exam like - anything to make me feel more at ease about doing away - I hate the thought of failure or rejection!
Old May 26th 2010, 7:25 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship process

Originally Posted by No1_mom
We have finally reached our 3 years and are going to put in for citizenship. We would love to hear from anyone who has done it recently - how long did it take, what was the exam like - anything to make me feel more at ease about doing away - I hate the thought of failure or rejection!
Its very hard to be rejected as long as you have the necessary time on the ground, the test is a joke.
Old May 26th 2010, 7:43 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking mine two weeks today so I'll let you know
Best to get the application in & forget about it, mine was sent in Feb 09 with a 12 - 16 month wait.

Last edited by bananahammock; May 26th 2010 at 7:50 pm.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

OH's was sent in at the end of December 09...haven't received acknowledgement of receipt yet.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

No 1 mom

We are about six weeks away from lodging our application so thanks for the timely post will be keeping an eye on timelines etc
Also good luck B.H looks like its been a long wait
Old May 27th 2010, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastbound
No 1 mom

We are about six weeks away from lodging our application so thanks for the timely post will be keeping an eye on timelines etc
Ditto!
Old May 27th 2010, 4:41 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
OH's was sent in at the end of December 09...haven't received acknowledgement of receipt yet.
my application went in end of november / beginning of december 2009 - and i got my letter and the study book earlier this month. i assume that your oh should get his any time now?
Old May 27th 2010, 12:01 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Its very hard to be rejected as long as you have the necessary time on the ground, the test is a joke.
The test is beyond a joke. I think it took me under four minutes, including double-checking. I wasn't the first to finish.
Old May 27th 2010, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
The test is beyond a joke. I think it took me under four minutes, including double-checking. I wasn't the first to finish.
This article about the British Citizenship test appeared this morning. I doubt too many entrants thought that one was so easy.
Old May 27th 2010, 5:37 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Sent in mid April 2010. I'm not expecting to get anything for months and months and months and months.

I know they got my package though - had a tracking number. I'm just going to forget about it til I hear anything. Am kicking self, though, for not doing this earlier (I've been here 8 years). Passport & PR Card expire this year.
Old May 28th 2010, 12:16 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
This article about the British Citizenship test appeared this morning. I doubt too many entrants thought that one was so easy.
I think first time around I failed the version of the citizenship test on the BBC website
Old May 28th 2010, 12:23 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I think first time around I failed the version of the citizenship test on the BBC website
I think most of us on here did. It is no different the other way around. I tried out the practice questions on a few cradles and they did dismally. They just don't learn/get taught the stuff citizenship applicants have to bone-up on.

I did the test in 2005 and got 100%. I would not do nearly so well now. I would probably fail because I can no longer remember the answers to the killer questions.
Old May 28th 2010, 1:16 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Lets not mistake a citizenship test for anything other than an English comprehension exercise. They give you a book. If you can read it and understand it enough to answer the multiguess questions, then you can be a citizen. I dont think the UK test much different, just a different book to read and comprehend isnt it?
Old May 28th 2010, 1:27 pm
Slob

Originally Posted by iaink
Lets not mistake a citizenship test for anything other than an English comprehension exercise. They give you a book. If you can read it and understand it enough to answer the multiguess questions, then you can be a citizen. I dont think the UK test much different, just a different book to read and comprehend isnt it?
Or is the summons to the test a way of checking if people are still in the country?
Old May 28th 2010, 1:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Souvy
Or is the summons to the test a way of checking if people are still in the country?
Certainly I think thats part of the logic behind the relatively short notice periods given for the test and swearing in, both of which are mandatory...

If you want it bad enough and are prepared to spend the money to get back then you will make it back in time regardless, but if your English or French is not up to snuff, then you have your work cut out to be granted citizenship however you look at it.

Last edited by iaink; May 28th 2010 at 1:35 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.