Cheap Flights

Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cheap Flights

No Problem

I am well aware i will prob be over on my allowance on day of travel, so had looked at the options.

Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robski
Hi Ann M

AC baggage allowance same as BA, 2 x 23 kg each.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but i think you need to double check the Zoom allowance, am fairly sure it is in fact TOTAL of 30kg/person.
Rob

Hubby flew zoom on Feb 4th one way gatwick to calgary had two cases and a crammed packed laptop case. For sure the cases were about 6kg over and surely the laptop weighed more than it should have - they didnt charge him a penny

Gaynor
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Good to know, Gaynor, thanks.

Seems to depend so much on the mood of the individual checking you in!

Last 2 times i flew w. AC from LHR - YVR, i was about 4 or 5 kg over each time (exact same packing list for exact same 2 week ski trip).

First time check in guy made me pay about £30 excess baggage fee.
2nd time, nice bloke told me not to worry, more hassle than worth to stop me as i would then just rearrange stuff into hand luggage, etc. What a sweetie
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robski
Good to know, Gaynor, thanks.

Seems to depend so much on the mood of the individual checking you in!

Last 2 times i flew w. AC from LHR - YVR, i was about 4 or 5 kg over each time (exact same packing list for exact same 2 week ski trip).

First time check in guy made me pay about £30 excess baggage fee.
2nd time, nice bloke told me not to worry, more hassle than worth to stop me as i would then just rearrange stuff into hand luggage, etc. What a sweetie
Rob

Just wondered if they turned a blind eye because he was travelling on a one way ticket

Gaynor
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:31 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I was way over on my baggage allowance with Canadian Affair but it only cost 120 pounds more which still worked out cheaper for us...

Asda are also doing flights now so it could be worth getting a quote from them, I haven't used them but they do seem pretty competitive - just a thought.
Asda? whats next Tesco and sainsburys LOL they will soon be selling houses they seem to do everything else!

Danny
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:04 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Asda? whats next Tesco and sainsburys LOL they will soon be selling houses they seem to do everything else!

Danny
I don't see that as a positive thing. ASDA, if you didn't know it, is owned by Wal-Mart. Some people may welcome this idea of buying stuff dirt-cheap. It's a very short-term attitude. These mega-retailers are driving independents out of business by undercutting on the same products. With the independents out of the way, the big chains have little need to pander to consumer wishes. You get what they want to sell.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:22 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I don't see that as a positive thing. ASDA, if you didn't know it, is owned by Wal-Mart. Some people may welcome this idea of buying stuff dirt-cheap. It's a very short-term attitude. These mega-retailers are driving independents out of business by undercutting on the same products. With the independents out of the way, the big chains have little need to pander to consumer wishes. You get what they want to sell.
I don't think they will ever hold monopoly on all things, for most of the insurances, flights etc are all underwritten by somebody else and they only act as agents and are not always the cheapest, I just find it amusing they way they try and get a finger in every pie!.

Although point taken if they were the cheapest, people would use them. Although it may be a short term attitude, it may also mean that a family on a low income can afford a holiday they wouldnt normally be able too, and many will take this over the fact that in the future it may be more expensive due to less competition. IMHO
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:58 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35

Danny

I just liked the idea of shopping online and asda flying the goods around the world to deliver

I also see it as another outlet to try to get flights at a reasonable price so trips are more affordable, when I did a very quick search the prices were competetive - NOT dirt cheap and the airline that came up was Air Canada, so when you searching Expedia, Zoom, Air Canada, Canadian Affair etc you may as well type in Asda and have a looksee too - It's the Airlines that set the prices at the end of the day, the airlines can change their prices upto 6 times in one day, I was checking some flights for a customer and within seconds a flight changed by $100.....
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:18 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Rob

Hubby flew zoom on Feb 4th one way gatwick to calgary had two cases and a crammed packed laptop case. For sure the cases were about 6kg over and surely the laptop weighed more than it should have - they didnt charge him a penny

Gaynor
We flew over with Zoom on Jan 3rd, one-way to Vancouver. For the first time ever, we had our hand-luggage weighed... which was a shame as both bags were about 7 kg over the 5kg limit. We actually had to re-pack and check in extra bags - which put our checked-in luggage about 20 kg over (between the two of us). But the (relatively) nice lady only charged us for an extra 10 kg, so it wasn't so bad.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:33 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future

Visit www.flyglasgow.vze.com and select where you want to fly to.

Avoide British Airways or Air Canada, all they will do is take you to London first, really no need to do what when there are 3 flights a day direct from Glasgow to Toronto and frequent flights to 5 other Candian cities, including Ottawa.