Cat stuff

Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:22 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cat stuff

So I finally gave up battling Riley's matts which have been getting more and more severe despite my best efforts, and allowed my son, now working at a vets, to take him for a Lion-cut.

While he was "under" they clipped his nails, cleaned his teeth, and discovered a rotten tooth, which they removed.

I was worried about him being traumatised by the whole experience, but he actually is fine ... very happy in fact.

The one thing we didn't expect was for Molly, his sister, to disown him completely! She is coming round slowly, but I can see she is having a hard time forgiving us for importing this strange cat into her house ("who are you, and what have you done with Riley????!!!! ) She even went off her food for a few days!

Here's a before and after of the boy, and one of Molly looking grumpy!
Attached Thumbnails Cat stuff-riley-long-coat.jpg   Cat stuff-img_0383.jpg   Cat stuff-img_0381.jpg  
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:49 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cat stuff

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
So I finally gave up battling Riley's matts which have been getting more and more severe despite my best efforts, and allowed my son, now working at a vets, to take him for a Lion-cut.

While he was "under" they clipped his nails, cleaned his teeth, and discovered a rotten tooth, which they removed.

I was worried about him being traumatised by the whole experience, but he actually is fine ... very happy in fact.

The one thing we didn't expect was for Molly, his sister, to disown him completely! She is coming round slowly, but I can see she is having a hard time forgiving us for importing this strange cat into her house ("who are you, and what have you done with Riley????!!!! ) She even went off her food for a few days!

Here's a before and after of the boy, and one of Molly looking grumpy!
Ouch. We had long haired cats in the UK that had to have huge chunks of fur taken off every now and then (one of them had some kind of wobbly cat syndrome and couldn't look after herself). Nothing like that though. Thankfully, our current cats are short haired.