car rental one way?

Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default car rental one way?

i am having a bit of trouble booking a rental car for OH when he lands at YYZ and to drop off at Kingston downtown, it just wont let me on line, is it work phoning them? ive tried looking st all the rental companies that have offices in Kingston so it must be possible!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:19 am
Just Joined

ad1664 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car rental one way?

Car rental companies can be a bit funny about one way rentals, most of the major car rental companies have offices in Kingston though, so I'd say it would be best to check which ones have offices in Kingston(search on www.411.ca), then call their branch at Toronto airport as it's their car & they will be able to let you know if a one way is possible.

As an alternative, have you thought about getting a one way flight from Toronto airport to Kingston airport? It's only about an hour on the plane and from memory costs about $100 dollars - depending on the date & time you want of course. Try the Air Canada website for flight costs. It's certainly a nicer way to get into Kingston from Toronto. Just allow enough time to get through immigration at Toronto.

Regards, Andy
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for that advice but my OH has to go into Toronto and register as a nurse at the CNO first, and needs a car for a few weeks till he can sort one out to buy,
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:20 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

We had problems trying to find a one-way hire to Guelph but the major hire firms seemed to be okay about dropping off at larger cities. I assume you've asked the big names if it's possible? We found Enterprise to be accommodating.

Strangely enough, we could get a one way hire from Pearson to Calgary but not 60 miles along the 401 to Guelph??

The problem with one-way hires is that every depot over here appears to be an individually owned franchise operating under the umbrella of the company name such as Budget, Avis etc. They're all in competition with one another.