in car DVD player

Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:12 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default in car DVD player

does anyone have any recommendations for the best in car DVD player? I either new one with two screens, or two. I would like to play mult-region DVDs and DVDR+/- discs

I can see loads online but they all seem to have differing reviews
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:25 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in car DVD player

When it comes to stuff like this, it comes down to your budget. There are loads that will play every format, including taking USB and all the diff cards. The ones I got 4yrs ago built into the headrest allows you to play diff movies on both screens or watch the same movie.

Ebay is your friend, local buyer eliminates the customs ding
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:14 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I think the budget is up to about $150. I just want to make sure that what I buy has a decent pic and sound etc and wll last for decent length of time. Thanks
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:10 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
does anyone have any recommendations for the best in car DVD player? I either new one with two screens, or two. I would like to play mult-region DVDs and DVDR+/- discs

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
When it comes to stuff like this, it comes down to your budget. There are loads that will play every format, including taking USB and all the diff cards. The ones I got 4yrs ago built into the headrest allows you to play diff movies on both screens or watch the same movie.

Ebay is your friend, local buyer eliminates the customs ding
I think the budget is up to about $150. I just want to make sure that what I buy has a decent pic and sound etc and wll last for decent length of time. Thanks
F**k me. I'm glad I'm leaving Canada rather soon.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:48 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to eye spy?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

if it was me....I would push the budget a tad more and get an ipad or a little net book, it may cost a little more, but you can do so much more with them, so many free games for an ipad for kids to play, and its easy to convert DVD's,to watch on an ipad and it will grow with them!!!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 1:15 am
Happy

Originally Posted by Monique_in_Canada
if it was me....I would push the budget a tad more and get an ipad or a little net book, it may cost a little more, but you can do so much more with them, so many free games for an ipad for kids to play, and its easy to convert DVD's,to watch on an ipad and it will grow with them!!!
thats an idea, thanks
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:03 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monique_in_Canada
Ah....the ol iPad plug. And this can't be done with a kindle fire or other Android tablets?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Ah....the ol iPad plug. And this can't be done with a kindle fire or other Android tablets?

dear Howefamily....I do apologise for using the word "ipad"....and not using the word tablet, as it obviously bothers some people, and think I am plugging the product which I am not.....I am sure u will choose the right kind of tablet if you choose to go this route....thanks!!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:07 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

DVD really is old technology and it makes no sense to go that way unless really constrained by price. $200-250 should get a good media tablet, that can read mpeg, avi, divx, xvid, VOB files etc(probably still need css removing). A fire will have some of the same issues as an iPad in terms of the limited file formats it can read without fiddling. A wireless hard drive (e.g. goflex satellite) might also be a good investment that will give both tablets a very wide choice in what to watch. This solution is a bit more than your original 2x150, but both the tablets and the hard drive will have many applications beyond the car, so maybe you can justify the added cost.

Last edited by kimilseung; Aug 14th 2012 at 11:11 am.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:59 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Buy your kids a few books to read, and some colouring books.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:01 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
What happened to eye spy?
We always play guess the famous person. DS always has lady gaga, Michael Jackson, or Rockyboy (who isn't famous and is someone I used to work with)

rounds don't last too long.

Oh he has recently upped the anti to include Harry Potter in his repertoire

Last edited by Flogger; Aug 14th 2012 at 12:04 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:59 pm
Happy

eye spy (for as long as I can stand it), books and colouring books will be in addition to the media option in the car, along with singing and spot the yellow car. This is for a roadtrip so I need all the help I can get.
Thank you for all your "tablet" info peeps, its opening my eyes to a new set of options
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:18 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

My sister has a PS3 fitted in their car. The kids can watch movies or play games, or listen to their own music with headphones on. It's quite silly but they love it.

If they want to watch different things, the screens have a built in dvd slot.

The kids also have an ipad to share for colouring apps, drawing apps, games, and other movies. They watch netflix on it too.

Granted their road trip usually entails driving up to Yorkshire, but they use the IPADwhen flying too so they really do come in handy and crossover quite easily when compared to fixed hardware.

I personallhy prefer the more simpler things in life. You live in Canada, let them enjoy the scenery and wildlife spotting. Make them appreciate their better life.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:44 am
Happy

Originally Posted by el_richo
My sister has a PS3 fitted in their car. The kids can watch movies or play games, or listen to their own music with headphones on. It's quite silly but they love it.

If they want to watch different things, the screens have a built in dvd slot.

The kids also have an ipad to share for colouring apps, drawing apps, games, and other movies. They watch netflix on it too.

Granted their road trip usually entails driving up to Yorkshire, but they use the IPADwhen flying too so they really do come in handy and crossover quite easily when compared to fixed hardware.

I personallhy prefer the more simpler things in life. You live in Canada, let them enjoy the scenery and wildlife spotting. Make them appreciate their better life.
thanks, they will be doing some of that too, I just need an assortment of options. They will also be map reading, should keep them busy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.