Capital of Alberta

Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Capital of Alberta

OK, we all know the capital of Alberta is Edmonton so why does it feel like most people feel Calgary is?

Even the weather channel focuses on Calgary rather than Edmonton, it feels like Edmonton is non-existant sometimes
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:16 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Capital of Alberta

Originally Posted by Pammy
OK, we all know the capital of Alberta is Edmonton so why does it feel like most people feel Calgary is?

Even the weather channel focuses on Calgary rather than Edmonton, it feels like Edmonton is non-existant sometimes
Much like Toronto being the capital of Canada. Its where the media is based innit?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:30 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

....as a local explained to me a few weeks back.

Edmonton - where oil-patch guys stop off for a piss on their way back to Calgary.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bsmith
....as a local explained to me a few weeks back.

Edmonton - where oil-patch guys stop off for a piss on their way back to Calgary.
Oh its the Edmonton hater with the name of a character from Prisoner Cell Block H

I am here for and ends to a means but its really not that bad, when I retire it will be to the Carib.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:43 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Oh its the Edmonton hater with the name of a character from Prisoner Cell Block H

I am here for and ends to a means but its really not that bad, when I retire it will be to the Carib.
Don't you have a large Bluewater type shopping center in Edmonton? That should make up for living there, surely.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
Don't you have a large Bluewater type shopping center in Edmonton? That should make up for living there, surely.
You know lots of people come specially to visit West Ed Mall

We have a great hockey team, lots of big name bands come to play, what does Calgary have to offer?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:48 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

We have a great hockey team
Be serious.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Be serious.

I am serious

Cripes knows why Toronto has the highest valued team, they never win!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:07 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I am serious

Cripes knows why Toronto has the highest valued team, they never win!
Sports in north america arent about winning, its about box office. The leafs always sell out. The management in particular sold out years ago.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iaink
Sports in north america arent about winning, its about box office. The leafs always sell out. The management in particular sold out years ago.
True, maybe I dreamt this(I sometimes do this and get confused as to what is reality!)but I thought I heard Ontario or Ottawa wanted to buy the Phoenix Coyotes, how is it possible to have 2 hockey teams, doesn't this defeat the purpose, who would they cheer for

Did I dream this?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:22 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

True, maybe I dreamt this(I sometimes do this and get confused as to what is reality!)but I thought I heard Ontario or Ottawa wanted to buy the Phoenix Coyotes, how is it possible to have 2 hockey teams, doesn't this defeat the purpose, who would they cheer for

Did I dream this?
No, the Billionare behind the blackberry wants a local team he can actually see in the Stanley Cup final in his lifetime.

As the Leafs sell out every game regardless there is no incentive for their ownership to build a team capable of challenging.

Ottawa is a totally different market to Toronto, but the leafs are rightly feeling a bit threatened by the possibility of a team with some investment in it just an hour down the road in Hamilton or wherever it was they were talking about relocating. Its all in the US courts at the moment I believe...

Anything that wakes the leafs from their complaicency has to be a good thing if you ask me. "Canadas Team"? What a joke.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iaink
No, the Billionare behind the blackberry wants a local team he can actually see in the Stanley Cup final in his lifetime.

As the Leafs sell out every game regardless there is no incentive for their ownership to build a team capable of challenging.

Ottawa is a totally different market to Toronto, but the leafs are rightly feeling a bit threatened by the possibility of a team with some investment in it just an hour down the road in Hamilton or wherever it was they were talking about relocating. Its all in the US courts at the moment I believe...

Anything that wakes the leafs from their complaicency has to be a good thing if you ask me. "Canadas Team"? What a joke.

I know, what bugs me too is that the yanks have all the cash so buy the best players for their teams but dont have a following like Canadians, besides doesn't the Stanley cup belong in Canada, personally I think it should only be Canadian teams allowed to play for the Stanley Cup.

Glad I didn't dream that, just got the facts muddled, husband hates hockey so half the time I am listening he is yakking in my ear so I miss half what is being said!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:33 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

I know, what bugs me too is that the yanks have all the cash so buy the best players for their teams but dont have a following like Canadians, besides doesn't the Stanley cup belong in Canada, personally I think it should only be Canadian teams allowed to play for the Stanley Cup.
4 of the original six were US teams

Detroit, Chicago, Boston, and New York.

Tring to sell Hockey in markets where its 20°C outside the arena is going to be tough. But again, its all about the money.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I didn't dream that, just got the facts muddled, husband hates hockey so half the time I am listening he is yakking in my ear so I miss half what is being said!
I don't feel that way about the Stanley Cup. It belongs to the best hockey team, half the NHL is Canadian born anyway. The Canadian teams are in better financial shape than the American teams on average. Growing up on the east coast my favorite team was Edmonton because of Gretzky and then Pittsburgh because of Lemeuix in addition to cheering for the Habs as that was Dad's team.

The leafs sold out and are owned by the Ontario teaches union pension plan, which means they are an income producing asset first and foremost. They have sucked since my Dad was a child and they are always hyped up in the Toronto based national media which leads many including myself to despise the leafs, Canada's team my ass. Canada's team is the Olympic team and I reckon we are going to play the Russians in a classic gold medal game coming up in about 10-11 weeks. Newcomers haven't seen the country band together like they will for the national hockey team.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:44 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

...I think you got all the right words there, but not necessarily in the right order.

You know lots of people come specially to visit West Ed Mall
....Yeh, WEM would always be my first choice vacation destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.