Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Canadian scientists 'muzzled'

Canadian scientists 'muzzled'

Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:57 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian scientists 'muzzled'

Incidentally, since the tsunami last year the Japanese government has issued a new energy policy that focuses all new development on renewable energy and that foresees the eventual abandonment of nuclear generation.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This is marginally relevant to this thread (and to most others anywhere on t'internet....);

http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...competent?bn=1

Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:13 am
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Everyone
Thanks for all of your interesting points and views. I have only just managed to read through it all after posting the original thread. Moving on slightly from this I watched the Richard Dimbleby Lecture 'The New Enlightenment' on the BBC last night in the UK and Sir Paul Nurse made some very thought provoking points on science/politics/government/business/public services. Certainly food for thought. Thanks everyone
Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillyd65
Hi Everyone
Thanks for all of your interesting points and views. I have only just managed to read through it all after posting the original thread. Moving on slightly from this I watched the Richard Dimbleby Lecture 'The New Enlightenment' on the BBC last night in the UK and Sir Paul Nurse made some very thought provoking points on science/politics/government/business/public services. Certainly food for thought. Thanks everyone
Linky?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:17 am

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Linky?
??
Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:19 am
Born again atheist

??
Can you please post a link to the program you mentioned.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:22 am

Can you please post a link to the program you mentioned.
Sorry Novo, still getting over jet lag....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...re_28_02_2012/
Obviously via I Player for you.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 10:17 am
Born again atheist

Sorry Novo, still getting over jet lag....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...re_28_02_2012/
Obviously via I Player for you.
No good for me. I'll have to wait for the movie to come out.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 10:25 am

No good for me. I'll have to wait for the movie to come out.
It may come up on You Tube in a while other than that try downloading expatshield for I Player
Old Feb 29th 2012, 10:42 am
Born again atheist

It may come up on You Tube in a while other than that try downloading expatshield for I Player
I'll check on youtube. as to expatshield and all that, are you quite sure it's worth it? I'm a bit of a technophobe. (Surprisingly).
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:45 pm

I'll check on youtube. as to expatshield and all that, are you quite sure it's worth it? I'm a bit of a technophobe. (Surprisingly).
It worked for us plus its free! Checked You Tube its not on there yet.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:24 am
Born again atheist

Back to topic... http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...ral-scientists
Old Mar 24th 2012, 9:50 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link. I hope it works for you.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgS62zgkMFo
Old Mar 24th 2012, 11:48 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Here's the link. I hope it works for you.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgS62zgkMFo
Thank you kind sir, the link seems to work (once you select "desktop" rather than "mobile") but I haven't had time to watch it yet.