Canadian Pot Noodle

Old Apr 24th 2023, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Pot Noodle

Most cup noodles I've tried here I don't really like, they have a watery soupy base which is just kind of... unsatisfying though OK.

However I recently came across the Knorr Noodle Cups and figured why not give them a try, and was quite surprised when the Thai Red Curry Flavour was basically the exact same as a Spicy Curry Pot Noodle! The type of noodles are different and there's freeze dried spring onion instead of peas, but the overall flavour and thicker consistency is the exact same. Both are made by Unilever so I guess it isn't too surprising there is some shared recipes there.

Seeing as these sell for around $2-$3 its a bit cheaper than going to an import store if you feel like reliving those student days.

https://www.knorr.com/ca/en/knorr-pr...odle-cups.html

The Singapore Laksa flavour is similar too. The Japanese Miso flavour however is terrible and I haven't tried the Vietnamese beef pho. It's kind of funny how they've branded and adjusted them with these sort of exotic flavours for the Canadian market.
Old Apr 25th 2023, 4:22 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Pot Noodle

My local Freshco has pot noodles at $3 a pop! Quite the treat!

The Knorr Laksa ones are great but also $3 in Metro.

I actually quite like the Asian cup noodles too though.