Canada's emblem

Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada's emblem

Nobody posting about Senator Nicole Eaton yet.

Is everyone trying to think of a suitably funny heading?

Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada's emblem

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Nobody posting about Senator Nicole Eaton yet.
Never heard of her. Google doesn't show up anything remarkable. Who she?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:04 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt replacing the beaver with the soon to be extinct polar bear just draw more international attention to Canada criminal environmental indifference?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Wouldnt replacing the beaver with the soon to be extinct polar bear just draw more international attention to Canada criminal environmental indifference?
I see she has an interest in bears:

http://nicoleeaton.sencanada.ca/en/p101163

should we know of her because she posts as "ultrarunner"?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Never heard of her. Google doesn't show up anything remarkable. Who she?
Maybe your google, like so many others, is broken...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windso...ar-emblem.html
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the numbers of polar bears was increasing. If so, does that suggest that Canada's criminal environmental indifference is benefitting them, or is there so other reason why their number is increasing?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Does Canada really want to become a global sponsor for Coke?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I thought the numbers of polar bears was increasing. If so, does that suggest that Canada's criminal environmental indifference is benefitting them, or is there so other reason why their number is increasing?
No, its just means there will be a few more starving bears when the ice is gone.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Maybe your google, like so many others, is broken...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windso...ar-emblem.html

Maybe I didn't scroll far enough to get to the CBC.

Anyway, the clubbed seal is already internationally known and a powerful symbol of Canada and the lives of aboriginal peoples in the North. She'd do better to hide behind her beaver.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

They no longer have to stand on top of mints.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I think she might be a spy. The symbolism here is dominance by the bear, national emblem of Russia. This is about softening the public to the idea of formally ceding control of the Artic.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, its just means there will be a few more starving bears when the ice is gone.
I thought there was debate about that too (the fact that the ice is retreating)
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I thought there was debate about that too (the fact that the ice is retreating)
Not among intellegent people that dont have their head stuck...

... in the sand
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not among intellegent people that dont have their head stuck...

... in the sand
I heard, but don't know, that, until very recently, the ice was not capable of being accurately measured so, in essence, no one really knows. I am sure that I am incorrect though, after all, the nice Mr. Gore has never been shown to get his facts wrong

I don't work in the oil fields, I do drive one gas guzzler, but I am never likely to see a polar bear in its natural habitat and I appreciate that species evolve and, sometimes, become extinct. Having said that, I do not believe that my life would have been better had I seen a living dodo.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:50 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Having said that, I do not believe that my life would have been better had I seen a living dodo.
I agree. There's a load of animals we don't need - and my life would be better without them. We can start with wasps, they've just got to go. Oh, and whelks - we don't need those and they don't even taste nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.