Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Can you feel my disappointment?

Can you feel my disappointment?

Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:24 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you feel my disappointment?

So it was nice enough to walk the doggy today, and he was able to keep his grooming appointment (the pavement was too wet on Wednesday so he refused to leave the house). On the way back from dropping him off, I thought I would take a much detested foray into the depths of The Real Canadian Superstore, to find the much talked about Wiltshire bacon.

Hurumph! They DID have it, the lady knew what I was talking about, it has now been discontinued and they'll not get anymore.

I consoled myself with a couple of tins of rice pudding and some devonshire custard. Oh well, it was a nice thought
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:58 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you feel my disappointment?

I only heard about this when my friend told me yesterday.

I'll have a look in my local store even though the thought of going in Superstore makes me cringe. The line ups scare the hell out of me
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you all hate going to Superstore so much?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We saw some of this bacon last weekend. Didn't buy it though.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:09 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

This is very surprising.

Here's an email I got just Wednesday from Loblaws (Superstore) customer service.

Dear Mr. P,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I’m sorry that you have been unable to find the PC Bacon Rashers. I checked our systems and we are offering this product; however the store was waiting for the delivery of the product. If you find that you are still unable to locate it during your next visit to the store, please feel free to ask for the meat manager, who would be more than happy to help you find it.
Mr. P, thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your enquiry. We look forward to serving you in our stores very soon.

Yours truly,

Lavinia Bruzzone
Senior Customer Relations Representative I LCL Customer Relations
[email protected]
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond repute

Both Costco and Loblaws in Mississauga stock 'Wiltshire Bacon'. Seem to be slow sellers by the look of it.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:17 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cyan
Both Costco and Loblaws in Mississauga stock 'Wiltshire Bacon'. Seem to be slow sellers by the look of it.
Costco?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:23 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, I have sent an email off to Superstore, so we'll see what they say, it could of couse just be Red Deer that's discontinued it, a Brit I was talking to said the Ponoka store had the stuff

As for hating Superstore:

It's too big
It's disorganised
It's usually crowded
The products don't seem to flow in any sort of useful order
AND when you do decide to go there, half the stuff you want is sold out.

I just find it takes twice as long to shop there as anywhere else, it's not a happy shop when I go there.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:23 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Because it's crap, sells crap stuff and there are too many people buying the crap stuff. Apart from the bacon and sausages.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
As for hating Superstore:

It's too big
It's disorganised
It's usually crowded
The products don't seem to flow in any sort of useful order
AND when you do decide to go there, half the stuff you want is sold out.

I just find it takes twice as long to shop there as anywhere else, it's not a happy shop when I go there.
Sounds like it`s a popular place
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Oink
Because it's crap, sells crap stuff and there are too many people buying the crap stuff. Apart from the bacon and sausages.
I take it that the Kellogs products at Safeway are, in some way, superior to those in Superstore
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:35 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious?

Old Jun 11th 2010, 9:44 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I find it depends which Superstore. . . .but I prefer to go to Extra - a smaller version !
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know. I quite like the local one in Peterborough. No lineups at all.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Superstore is awesome for the No Name Baked Beans, their Blue Menu Bran Flakes and their Green Pesto. Some of the no name stuff is downright awful, for example the squishy chedder, so for those I stick to Western Family from Pricesmart. I agree it's a very tiring place to walk around but they are cheap and have some good own brand european and UK style products that you just can't get anywhere else. Another one thats just popped into my mind is the Ginger Beer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.