Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Can I say one thing...

Can I say one thing...

Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:50 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I say one thing...

What drives me nuts is all the whining about infringing on "freedom of speech" by the mods.

All we do is try and stick to the rules that everyone agreed to when they joined the forum. There is no dark conspiracy. Honest!

EVERYTIME a thread is spiked its the same thing. By now you would think people would know that discussion of what the mods do / dont do is not going to be allowed in the open forum, but no one ever sends a PM before posting a thread discussing it, and then they get upset when that thread is closed or deleted, and then MORE posts appear about that. For every thread deleted for being out of order, it seems four more get deleted for discussing the decision

We are happy as mods to discuss our decisions in private, but if you want "freedom of speech" go stand on a street corner and shout at passers by about the government or God or something, this is a MODERATED internet forum, nothing more.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 18th 2009 at 4:15 am.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:52 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
quite, but don't you think that takes a little of the fun out of it, you know when you just make a quick off the cuff remark?
Sure, and lord knows I make my fair share of smartarse one line replies, but that is a world of difference to the effort it takes to start a new thread with a poll attached that had obvious potential to get out of hand...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:17 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
EVERYTIME a thread is spiked its the same thing. By now you would think people would know that discussion of what the mods do / dont do is not going to be allowed in the open forum, but no one ever sends a PM before posting a thread discussing it, and then they get upset when that thread is closed or deleted, and then MORE posts appear about that. For every thread deleted for being out of order, it seems four more get deleted for discussing the decision
Ahem, I actually PM'd CO before posting my FIRST thread discussing the deletion of the other two threads

Anyway as far as I am concerned its water under the bridge.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Great lets just move along, although before we do I have to nominate this Iaink post as post of the week ..... I just know all you guys loved the pic
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:19 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Sue
Great lets just move along, although before we do I have to nominate this Iaink post as post of the week ..... I just know all you guys loved the pic
<cough> the picture was the last thing on my mind, it was posted purely for the good advice re posting<cough>

Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:22 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ahem, I actually PM'd CO before posting my FIRST thread discussing the deletion of the other two threads

LOL, the one that said "I intend to post in reference to your deleting my thread"

Yeah, that helps!

Anyway, as you said, all water under the bridge.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:25 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

<cough> the picture was the last thing on my mind, it was posted purely for the good advice re posting<cough>

I'm sure it was <wink>
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:28 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

What drives me nuts is all the whining about infringing on "freedom of speech" by the mods.

All we do is try and stick to the rules that everyone agreed to when they joined the forum. There is no dark conspiracy. Honest!

We are happy as mods to discuss our decisions in private, but if you want "freedom of speech" go stand on a street corner and shout at passers by about the government or God or something, this is a MODERATED internet forum, nothing more.
I thought we weren't supposed to discuss this in the open forum.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:36 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I thought we weren't supposed to discuss this in the open forum.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REtWGGsflw
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:01 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Steve_P
If you look in the top right of the screen there is a little thing that say [Log Out Steve_P]

Its a lot less permanent or dramatic, but works just as well. Ive never yet banned anyone but a spammer...you could start spamming I suppose, I never get the chance to use this one:
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:03 am

If you look in the top right of the screen there is a little thing that say [Log Out Steve_P]
But then there's no flounce.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:06 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Its a lot less permanent or dramatic, but works just as well. Ive never yet banned anyone but a spammer...you could start spamming I suppose, I never get the chance to use this one:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/iaink/spam.gif
Not that I am questioning your authority but the BE message boards would go nuts if MR P got banned!!!

Talk about pandemonium
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by livermanl
Not that I am questioning your authority but the BE message boards would go nuts if MR P got banned!!!

Talk about pandemonium

Go on Iain, do it ,do it, do it.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl

Talk about pandemonium
no one s indispensable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.