Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

CAN ANYBDY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

CAN ANYBDY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAN ANYBDY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

We came with the grand total of $26,000; far, far less than the VAST majority of expats who move to Canada and instantly snap up executive homes and brand-new cars.

So you are here mortgage to the hilt.....

Linda
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:17 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAN ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

Originally Posted by benjy25
In fact, I am studying at a prestigious university where a number of alumni have gone on to publish their work. And I have a viable career in both Academic Publishing and Sales behind me at 27, in addition to my 2 degrees and the one I am studying for.

Oh, and my girlfriend has secured a good job within 4 weeks of getting here, in a city where it is 'very hard to get a decent job'. No, it isn't. It is hard for idiots who don't do their research or develop a network before they leave.
Oh my
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose my point is this: we got here through application, risk, intelligence and a measure of good fortune.
So maybe you are not so different from the rest of us, after all.

Linda
Forum Regular

benjy25 will become famous soon enoughbenjy25 will become famous soon enough

I understand. It is Fredericton by the way.

A fair portion of the jobs are at the Goverment or University making it typically more difficult to find private sector work.

Originally Posted by dbd33
I couldn't immediately think of a place where it might be thought difficult to find a job and where tuition is moderately priced. Obviously not one of the major cities so I wondered if you were in London ON.
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Strange that, given that most people who actually meet me, rather than hide behind a computer screen, quite like me.

Oh well, better to divide opinion than not give one at all.
nobody hides behind computer screens, I wonder what kind of people like arrogant stuck up young pups like yourself. you should not knock that fact some people can not spell. its a wonder your girlfriend puts up with you one thing you were not taught was manners not to pick in the less fortunate. watch it dont come to bite you on the arse.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

I suppose not.

Originally Posted by Linda P
So maybe you are not so different from the rest of us, after all.

Linda
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:21 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you write?
Books. Technical ones and very, very expensive. Some are considered as industry bibles.

I started to do this when I was 23.

I did my postgraduate stuff while working full time.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

How can you possibly judge character from a series of posts on a forum?

I am passing judgement on the standard of English, not moral fibre.

Originally Posted by kate white
nobody hides behind computer screens, I wonder what kind of people like arrogant stuck up young pups like yourself. you should not knock that fact some people can not spell. its a wonder your girlfriend puts up with you one thing you were not taught was manners not to pick in the less fortunate. watch it dont come to bite you on the arse.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Completing any form of postgraduate work whilst working full time is exceptionally hard work.

It is a struggle for me and I am only doing Research duties and marking on behalf of the department.

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Books. Technical ones and very, very expensive. Some are considered as industry bibles.

I started to do this when I was 23.

I did my postgraduate stuff while working full time.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:25 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you sound like a patronsing old tit.

Ahem.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:26 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like your passing judgement on those who can not spell or write like you do.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:29 am
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

What 'big' words are those then? I love the way using interesting and expressive language is a point of satire for those of less ability.
sounds like your passing judgement on those who can not spell or write like you do.

indeed, although I could write paragraphs like him if I wanted. I sound all 'vainglorious' now I've written that.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Nope, I'm just informing you how irritating and ugly it looks on the page.

Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

That was in direct response to you calling me an asshole, old man.

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Ahem.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Just out of interest, what do you do for a living?

Originally Posted by D15NEY
indeed, although I could write paragraphs like him if I wanted. I sound all 'vainglorious' now I've written that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.