Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Calling anyone in Toronto at a loose end during the daytime!

Calling anyone in Toronto at a loose end during the daytime!

Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling anyone in Toronto at a loose end during the daytime!

Hi

I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat as me? I've been in Toronto as a visitor since July 2010 living with my boyfriend and we're going through the spousal route for PR. We submitted our application in August this year and now we're waiting for an end in sight to appear on the horizon. It's boring waiting.

In the mean time, I'm keeping myself somewhat busy, but I'm not the most dedicated housewife! The majority of friends I've made since arriving have all got their PR and slowly but surely they've all returned to the world of work, leaving me with no daytime friends to hang out and drink coffee with.

Does this sound familiar? Are you also unable to work but bored senseless by daytime TV?! If you fancy getting out and about then drop me a line, and maybe we can get a group of us together. I'm currently working my way around Toronto's independent coffee shops thanks to the Indie Coffee Passport....google it, it's great! I'd welcome anyone who'd like to join me in that quest!

A little bit about me - I'm 34, originally from the greater London area. I'm pretty easy to get along with I think, like to travel, cook, eat out.

So drop me a line if you are bored too!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:25 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Calling anyone in Toronto at a loose end during the daytime!

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Does this sound familiar? Are you also unable to work but bored senseless by daytime TV?!
Oh it sounds frighteningly familiar...it's only a shame I'm Hamilton-based otherwise I'd be there! Man, day-time TV sucks so badly...

I am a PR, but am finding the job hunt really difficult so still stuck doing nothing and being a less-than-perfect housewife! : (

I feel your pain, hope you find a coffee buddy soon...I'm looking for the same in the Hammer!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yay I'm glad I am not alone, was beginning to think I might be the only one. Sadly I don't drive, so Hamilton is a bit far for me.

Got the Nate Berkus show on right now. Might shoot myself. No, I really must turn it off. It's AWFUL.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
...day-time TV sucks so badly......
Try Showcase channels and and A&E. It's basically the night time TV that was on a year or two ago.

Of course that's not saying a great deal but it is better than other daytime stuff.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:54 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yay I'm glad I am not alone, was beginning to think I might be the only one. Sadly I don't drive, so Hamilton is a bit far for me.

Got the Nate Berkus show on right now. Might shoot myself. No, I really must turn it off. It's AWFUL.
GO Train is a 15min ride Union to Hamilton, and cost about $15.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:10 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by magnumpi
GO Train is a 15min ride Union to Hamilton, and cost about $15.
By helicopter?
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat as me? I've been in Toronto as a visitor since July 2010 living with my boyfriend and we're going through the spousal route for PR. We submitted our application in August this year and now we're waiting for an end in sight to appear on the horizon. It's boring waiting.

In the mean time, I'm keeping myself somewhat busy, but I'm not the most dedicated housewife! The majority of friends I've made since arriving have all got their PR and slowly but surely they've all returned to the world of work, leaving me with no daytime friends to hang out and drink coffee with.

Does this sound familiar? Are you also unable to work but bored senseless by daytime TV?! If you fancy getting out and about then drop me a line, and maybe we can get a group of us together. I'm currently working my way around Toronto's independent coffee shops thanks to the Indie Coffee Passport....google it, it's great! I'd welcome anyone who'd like to join me in that quest!

A little bit about me - I'm 34, originally from the greater London area. I'm pretty easy to get along with I think, like to travel, cook, eat out.

So drop me a line if you are bored too!
I'm sure you know this, but there is more to do in Toronto than watch daytime TV ... That said, I know how tough it can be when you're unable to get a job here for whatever reason so wish you the best of luck there! I might check that Indie coffee shop whatsit out - sounds good.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by London Mike
I'm sure you know this, but there is more to do in Toronto than watch daytime TV ... That said, I know how tough it can be when you're unable to get a job here for whatever reason so wish you the best of luck there! I might check that Indie coffee shop whatsit out - sounds good.
oh yes I know that, I keep busy with fitness classes, have done a few UofT courses, as well as the day to day household stuff, in fact I rarely watch TV during the day. Once in a while it'd be nice to meet for coffee with other people who might be in the same boat instead of going on my own - I figure there must be some people out there!

You should definitely check out the indie coffee passport - it is genius, especially for those on a budget! $25 for the card and there are 30 (I think) coffee shops taking part. Show your card and you get a free beverage when you visit. By the time you have visited 4 or 5 places the card has paid for itself.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:09 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
I bet you take your ipad too - you goddamn hipster