Wikiposts

Calgary Transit

Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Transit

Originally Posted by neilg14
it's an easy walk to the Saddledome, there is a stop on the train but it's a fair walk through the grounds to get there.
What?

No it isn't...you go upstairs, across the covered overpass and you're right into the dome...its about a 5 minute walk at the very most mate!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:16 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Is this the one with Adam Lambert singing the lead? I saw him a couple of times on telly a few years ago when he was on American Idol (I just popped into the room while the kids were watching, honest... ).

If anybody has the vocal range and delivery of Mercury, and the sheer effrontery to put his own stamp on his stage presence and showmanship and carry it off successfully, then Adam Lambert is it, even if he is a yank. Amazing voice, prepare to be impressed!
Adam Lambert is the reason OH refused to go unfortunately( and really upset me), so DD and I will have a blast.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:19 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
From Downtown, it's an easy walk to the Saddledome, there is a stop on the train but it's a fair walk through the grounds to get there.
It's all very well saying that if you know the way and if you don't mind two ladies walking around after dark downtown, I personally would rather be safer.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis88
What?

No it isn't...you go upstairs, across the covered overpass and you're right into the dome...its about a 5 minute walk at the very most mate!
Sorry, only come from the south on the train, got off near the south gate to the grounds, then it's a good walk, didn't know there was another stop there.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 6:49 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Calgary Transit

Definitely can't walk from downtown. Not easily at least.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Definitely can't walk from downtown. Not easily at least.
It's 11 blocks; not easy for fatties, granted, but most people should be able to manage it easily enough.

There are quite often issues with the C-train in the downtown core. When that happens, I usually walk to Victoria Stampede and pick up the train from there. It can be fun watching the fatties waddle to the bus stop for the "feeder bus" to cart them to the same station. You should watch them when a bus turns up, their turn of speed is quite remarkable!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
It's 11 blocks; not easy for fatties, granted, but most people should be able to manage it easily enough.

There are quite often issues with the C-train in the downtown core. When that happens, I usually walk to Victoria Stampede and pick up the train from there. It can be fun watching the fatties waddle to the bus stop for the "feeder bus" to cart them to the same station. You should watch them when a bus turns up, their turn of speed is quite remarkable!
Hmmmm. I'm not too amused about the 'fattie' comments. Some people aren't fat due to overeating but because of a variety of other reasons. Do you lump them all together?

You would consider my sister a 'fattie' but it's not due to overeating - she eats far less than I do.

What about those that have mobility problems due to arthritis or amputation or heart problems or asthma? Do you think it's funny to watch them too?

Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hmmmm. I'm not too amused about the 'fattie' comments. Some people aren't fat due to overeating but because of a variety of other reasons. Do you lump them all together?

You would consider my sister a 'fattie' but it's not due to overeating - she eats far less than I do.

What about those that have mobility problems due to arthritis or amputation or heart problems or asthma? Do you think it's funny to watch them too?

I agree, its not a fair comment and too many variables as to why someone might be heavy beyond just over-eating. I was on a medication once that caused me to gain weight like crazy, and nothing changed in my diet but in 6 months I went from 160 to nearly 100 pounds heavier, and as soon as the medication was stopped, the weight started to fall off as well, having looked at me though you'd have though I just ate too much and wasn't active, which was furthest from the truth, my job at the time was very active and physical work out. (loading airplanes) and I also went to the gym for 1 hour each day, but I was still overweight.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 9:00 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I agree, its not a fair comment and too many variables as to why someone might be heavy beyond just over-eating. I was on a medication once that caused me to gain weight like crazy, and nothing changed in my diet but in 6 months I went from 160 to nearly 100 pounds heavier, and as soon as the medication was stopped, the weight started to fall off as well, having looked at me though you'd have though I just ate too much and wasn't active, which was furthest from the truth, my job at the time was very active and physical work out. (loading airplanes) and I also went to the gym for 1 hour each day, but I was still overweight.
Its the same as me, its genetic, my nan is fat.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fattie. There are lots of excuses as to why people overeat, but the only reason they are fat is because they overeat.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 11:53 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fattie. There are lots of excuses as to why people overeat, but the only reason they are fat is because they overeat.
Totally and utterly untrue.

What Causes Overweight and Obesity? - NHLBI, NIH
Genes and Family History
Health Conditions
Medicines

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 10th 2014 at 11:57 am.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Totally and utterly untrue.

What Causes Overweight and Obesity? - NHLBI, NIH
Genes and Family History
Health Conditions
Medicines
Did you not read the first part - energy in v energy out.

Look, this was not intended to be a post regarding fat people. I find it funny how, rather than walking a relatively short distance, they stand around complaining and then rush like they are in line for a gold medal when a transportation device turns up. If I have offended fat people, I apologise unreservedly.

Back to the main point, walking from downtown to Victoria Park Stampede is easily done even at the time that the Saddledome would be open during the time that Piff Poff intends to be in Calgary.

If the C-Train was available, I would take it. If it wasn't, I would walk.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 12:30 pm
Banned

Look, this was not intended to be a post regarding fat people. I find it funny how, rather than walking a relatively short distance, they stand around complaining and then rush like they are in line for a gold medal when a transportation device turns up. If I have offended fat people, I apologise unreservedly.

Back to the main point, walking from downtown to Victoria Park Stampede is easily done even at the time that the Saddledome would be open during the time that Piff Poff intends to be in Calgary.

Did you not read the rest of it?

Old Jun 10th 2014, 12:42 pm

As I am going to a concert (which will end late) with my daughter, in a city I don't know very well, certainly not well enough to know which way I'm going from downtown to the Saddledome and then back again in the dark, I would be far more comfortable with transportation. The whole reason for the train thing is because I don't want to be driving in a city I am unfamiliar with at night, so would rather park the car at the hotel and get the train to the Saddledome and back again to the hotel. This to me seems convenient and safe. Although I am a fattie, I do exercise daily and am more than capable of walking 11 blocks. 11 blocks at night in a unfamiliar place doesn't seem safe or convenient.

I thank you for your input though, knowing it is walkable is handy to know.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
As I am going to a concert (which will end late) with my daughter, in a city I don't know very well, certainly not well enough to know which way I'm going from downtown to the Saddledome and then back again in the dark, I would be far more comfortable with transportation. The whole reason for the train thing is because I don't want to be driving in a city I am unfamiliar with at night, so would rather park the car at the hotel and get the train to the Saddledome and back again to the hotel
is daughter of age?

there are some decent pubs to check out on those 11 blocks

i've walked it myself, at 2am, inebriated and new to the city (3 weeks) and survived...only stopping to barf into a bin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.