Wikiposts

Calgary Transit

Old Jun 7th 2014, 2:43 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calgary Transit

If I were to stay downtown Calgary, would I be able to get the train to the Saddledome? Do the trains run all night long? Are they free?

I'm going to a concert with DD and we're staying overnight before going for a girly weekend, so need to book a hotel with eady transit connections, any advice greatfully recieved
Old Jun 7th 2014, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of
Default Re: Calgary Transit

Yes, you would be able to get the train easily to the Saddledome but you will have to pay the fare. The Saddledome station is outside of the free fare zone. I believe they run until about 2am on weekends and start up again about 4:30am so it depends how late you will be out.

The trains run on 7 Avenue South downtown so look for something close to that.

Also, check the Calgary Transit website for detours etc in case you need extra time.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 4:39 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justkidding
Yes, you would be able to get the train easily to the Saddledome but you will have to pay the fare. The Saddledome station is outside of the free fare zone. I believe they run until about 2am on weekends and start up again about 4:30am so it depends how late you will be out.

The trains run on 7 Avenue South downtown so look for something close to that.

Also, check the Calgary Transit website for detours etc in case you need extra time.
Thanks, stupid question time, do you pay on the train or get a ticket from somewhere else and how long do you think the journey is. The only time we were going to use the train was after Stampede week, then someone said there was an empty bus around the corner...
Old Jun 7th 2014, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thanks, stupid question time, do you pay on the train or get a ticket from somewhere else and how long do you think the journey is. The only time we were going to use the train was after Stampede week, then someone said there was an empty bus around the corner...
The stations all have ticket machines, or if you buy a transfer on the bus it's valid for the train too

even if you're in the "free zone" get a ticket because you can't get off, get a ticket and get back on in time...the fine is something ridiculous like $200 for the sake of a $3 ticket which is valid on buses and trains for 90 mins!

the journey from downtown to the 'dome on the train only takes about 10 minutes at the most, it's pretty easy
Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:01 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want to be downtown? If not there is the strip of hotels at Motel Village in the NW along Banff Trail - Travelodge, Econolodge, brand new W Loft and brand new Holiday Inn Express, plus a few others. Cross over the road to Banff Trail Station and off you go! usually a little cheaper. A few restaurants in the block too. Probably about 15-20 mins to Saddledome on the CTrain.

Single fare is 3 bucks. You can buy a ticket from a machine on the platform and the machines take cash, debit and credit, or you can buy a book of ten tickets from Macs and places like that but you have to validate the ticket in the little purple box stuck on the sides of the ticket machines before you get on the train.

Don't know what your budget is but you can sometimes get good deals through Priceline if you are savvy with that, the Palliser often has offers if you join the presidents Club (free to join). Westin sometimes has good offers on too, although if its close to Stampede then there may not be such good rates.

Another alternative could be to pick a hotel on the C Train line to the south and travel in to the concert.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:34 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Who's playing?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Do you want to be downtown? If not there is the strip of hotels at Motel Village in the NW along Banff Trail - Travelodge, Econolodge, brand new W Loft and brand new Holiday Inn Express, plus a few others. Cross over the road to Banff Trail Station and off you go! usually a little cheaper. A few restaurants in the block too. Probably about 15-20 mins to Saddledome on the CTrain.

Single fare is 3 bucks. You can buy a ticket from a machine on the platform and the machines take cash, debit and credit, or you can buy a book of ten tickets from Macs and places like that but you have to validate the ticket in the little purple box stuck on the sides of the ticket machines before you get on the train.

Don't know what your budget is but you can sometimes get good deals through Priceline if you are savvy with that, the Palliser often has offers if you join the presidents Club (free to join). Westin sometimes has good offers on too, although if its close to Stampede then there may not be such good rates.

Another alternative could be to pick a hotel on the C Train line to the south and travel in to the concert.
Thanks for that, not being familiar with where the hotels are compared to train stations makes it a little tricky for an out of towner - I know where to get the train down town but knowing that there is a station at motel village really helps as we are off to Kananaskis the following day so that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Shard
Who's playing?
Queen - well half of them and some guy I've never heard of. Queen is my all time OMG gotta see band, half of them imo is better than none of them.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 7:20 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Queen - well half of them and some guy I've never heard of. Queen is my all time OMG gotta see band, half of them imo is better than none of them.
Well that should be good. So many classic songs - too many ! I was lucky enough to see them in Toronto, back in the day.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:16 pm

Well that should be good. So many classic songs - too many ! I was lucky enough to see them in Toronto, back in the day.
OH refused to come with me, so I'm taking DD and we're going and having fun for the whole weekend. Booked White water rafting so far, planing on some horse riding and looking into another couple of things too.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:35 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, not being familiar with where the hotels are compared to train stations makes it a little tricky for an out of towner - I know where to get the train down town but knowing that there is a station at motel village really helps as we are off to Kananaskis the following day so that makes sense.

Awesome - one of my all time favourite bands.

I was lucky enough to serve them with copious amounts of booze back in the 70's (in Bristol at Platform One Club - lock in - after they had done a concert). I actually talked briefly with Brian and Freddie when I served them but never thought to ask for their autographs, it just wasn't the 'done' thing back then.

If I only knew then what I know now....

Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:43 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Awesome - one of my all time favourite bands.

I was lucky enough to serve them with copious amounts of booze back in the 70's (in Bristol at Platform One Club - lock in - after they had done a concert). I actually talked briefly with Brian and Freddie when I served them but never thought to ask for their autographs, it just wasn't the 'done' thing back then.

If I only knew then what I know now....

That's fabulous. Can't believe you met Freddie!! Big fan.

It's funny how social codes change isn't it. Now it's no longer autographs but selfies!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 5:10 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That's fabulous. Can't believe you met Freddie!! Big fan.

It's funny how social codes change isn't it. Now it's no longer autographs but selfies!
Oh I know - I had afternoon tea with David Bowie and his wife Angie back in the day, (my friend was a friend of hers) and bumped into Phil Collins walking around in Hong Kong - but it never even occurred to me to ask for an autograph.

Old Jun 9th 2014, 5:36 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Queen - well half of them and some guy I've never heard of.
Is this the one with Adam Lambert singing the lead? I saw him a couple of times on telly a few years ago when he was on American Idol (I just popped into the room while the kids were watching, honest... ).

If anybody has the vocal range and delivery of Mercury, and the sheer effrontery to put his own stamp on his stage presence and showmanship and carry it off successfully, then Adam Lambert is it, even if he is a yank. Amazing voice, prepare to be impressed!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 5:48 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Oh I know - I had afternoon tea with David Bowie and his wife Angie back in the day, (my friend was a friend of hers) and bumped into Phil Collins walking around in Hong Kong - but it never even occurred to me to ask for an autograph.

Crikey !! You did meet some of the big hitters in rock.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

If I were to stay downtown Calgary, would I be able to get the train to the Saddledome? Do the trains run all night long? Are they free?

I'm going to a concert with DD and we're staying overnight before going for a girly weekend, so need to book a hotel with eady transit connections, any advice greatfully recieved
From Downtown, it's an easy walk to the Saddledome, there is a stop on the train but it's a fair walk through the grounds to get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.