The Brits 07

Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Brits 07

Originally Posted by printer
Ok you got me, i told them it was the Okanagan but really it was the outskirts of Basingstoke.
Was that you in that SUV outside our house on Dec 12th?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Was that you in that SUV outside our house on Dec 12th?
Nope that was either the BBC licence evasion team or the inland revenue and benefit fraud squad.
They're watching us all you know!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope that was either the BBC licence evasion team or the inland revenue and benefit fraud squad.
They're watching us all you know!
Christ! Is that what that brown unopened envelope is on the dining room table!!!!

I find it difficult to evade the BBC, they're everywhere...
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Christ! Is that what that brown unopened envelope is on the dining room table!!!!

No that's your visas!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

No that's your visas!!!!!!!!
Can't be, they haven't asked for our passports yet. If I sent it to you would you open it for us?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can't be, they haven't asked for our passports yet. If I sent it to you would you open it for us?
Hey people where i live don't open post, didn't you see the letter bombs on the news last week it was just round the corner.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Back home it's called 'Spooks' - here it is called 'MI5'. Do they show 'Teachers', 'Shameless' or 'Vicker of Dibley' (to name but a few)
We've had Spooks here, and the Vicar of Dibley. Both on BBC Canada I think!

Just recently, "Wild West" as well!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

betterskierthanthewife will become famous soon enoughbetterskierthanthewife will become famous soon enough

IMO the Brits are always rubbish as are other awards shows - I don't think it's fair to base an opinion specifically on British culture on an awards show. Especially when there are loads of good young British bands around e.g. Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol etc
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:13 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Calgal
We've had Spooks here, and the Vicar of Dibley. Both on BBC Canada I think!

Just recently, "Wild West" as well!
Along with my current favourite "Life on Mars".
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flatty38
Did anyone else watch The Brits last night? I have never been so ashamed of my "ethnicity" (I've always wanted to use that word!). What a load of C**P! I told loads of people in the office to watch it, and today I am in here with my office door closed acting busy, ignoring nasty e-mails about how they will never listen to me again.

I realize that at 44 yrs old, I am totally out of touch with modern music and youth culture (thankfully), but who the hell is that Russell Brand guy? He wasnt even remotely funny, totally unprofessional, and a total embarassment.

The music was OK, I guess, I actually liked Amy Winehouse (until she started to talk, "I'd like to fank, er, dunno, glad me mum and dad are 'ere")- but the only redeeming factor about the show was that at least there was not one rap "song"(I always thought there was a "c" missing at the beginning of rap) nominated or played!
What about the Chilly peppers. They rock!!!!

Penny
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:48 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betterskierthanthewife
Especially when there are loads of good young British bands around e.g. Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol etc
Milburn, Bloc Party etc.

Rich.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rgilbert
I must admit however that I did turn it off when Oasis came onto the stage.

I also love shameless.
That doesn't tie, both are interchangeable, surely ?

Rich.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Along with my current favourite "Life on Mars".
Oh Me too!!! Love that show!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flatty38

The music was OK, I guess, I actually liked Amy Winehouse (until she started to talk, "I'd like to fank, er, dunno, glad me mum and dad are 'ere")- but the only redeeming factor about the show was that at least there was not one rap "song"(I always thought there was a "c" missing at the beginning of rap) nominated or played!
Talking about music, Arcade fire.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:58 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Talking about music, Arcade fire.
Hell yes. God Bless Montreal for nurturing that band and Funeral into existence. Can't wait for Neon Bible in March.
There's bucketloads of great Canadian music around these days it seems. If you're into Win and his gang try Broken Social Scene, Controller.Controller, and Emily Haines.

Russell Brand is a w**ker btw. Honest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.