British comedians

Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default British comedians

My god, brit com has changed.

From Sid James to Russell Brand
From Kenneth Williams to Eddie Izzard (OK I know EI's not gay, but KW didn't not know whether he wasn't not gay either)
From Alf Garnet to Al Murray
From Python to Little Britain

Or maybe Britain has changed and comedy is keeping up.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:28 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British comedians

I was just thinking the other day of tracking down a dvd of "Have I got News For You", Paul Merton and his dry sense of humour always did it for me.
Right im off to check ebay..

Just reminded me to dig out my Pheonix Nights might open my last tin of Tetleys and have a fab night in front of the telly.

Last edited by minihaha; Jan 25th 2009 at 7:30 pm. Reason: Pheonix Nights rocks
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't miss any of the current Brit comedy acts. I do however find that I can relate to Canadian and US comics more these days.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Well Ricky Gervais is half Canadian - his dad is from London Ontario!

That piece of trivia aside: I tend to agree. After watching Russell Brand for an hour (yes I know I could have turned it off, but I thought maybe it would get better....) there comes a point where there's only so much knowledge about another man's masturbatory habits that one can stomach.

I actually appreciate Eddie Izzard's humour the most: his intelligence and wit is quite obvious, and vulnerable.

I miss Leonard Rossiter.

Last edited by triumphguy; Jan 25th 2009 at 10:46 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Well Ricky Gervais is half Canadian - his dad is from London Ontario!

That piece of trivia aside: I tend to agree. After watching Russell Brand for an hour (yes I know I could have turned it off, but I thought maybe it would get better....) there comes a point where there's only so much knowledge about another man's masturbatory habits that one can stomach.

I actually appreciate Eddie Izzard's humour the most: his intelligence and wit is quite obvious, and vulnerable.

I miss Leonard Rossiter.
I agree with you about Russell Brand.....I don't find Graham Norton that funny either. Ricky Gervais, Alan Partridge (Steve Coogan), Saxondale, Peter Kay, Monty Python, Royle Family are all things or shows I find funny. I find most of Little Britain to be unwatcheable....especially the character in the wheelchair and his assistant.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
I don't miss any of the current Brit comedy acts. I do however find that I can relate to Canadian and US comics more these days.
You mean like the 'you might think I'm a redneck' guy or Royal Cdn Air Farce...if so, there is no hope for you.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:51 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

Eddie Izzard
<swoon!>
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:53 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

My god, brit com has changed.

From Sid James to Russell Brand
From Kenneth Williams to Eddie Izzard (OK I know EI's not gay, but KW didn't not know whether he wasn't not gay either)
From Alf Garnet to Al Murray
From Python to Little Britain

Or maybe Britain has changed and comedy is keeping up.
When I lived over in England I really liked Jo Brand and Chris Morris.

(and Eddie Izzard but that's also about gender-blender-lusty reasons.)
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:12 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
You mean like the 'you might think I'm a redneck' guy or Royal Cdn Air Farce...if so, there is no hope for you.
Guilty as charged. I've been assimilated.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Guilty as charged. I've been assimilated.
Next you're going to admit to spelling w/o the letter 'u' (flavor, color etc), wearing a Kenora dinner jacket and taking an interest in the Blue Jays.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

we went to see 3 canadian stand up comedians the other day . (and an irish chap who does the voice overs for the phones 4 u adds) all touring the ski areas of BC
They all now live in the UK and we reconginised a couple off have i got news for you and never mind the buzzcocks .. They were very funny but was that cos they now live in the UK

PS who was the olden day bill bailey then
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Next you're going to admit to spelling w/o the letter 'u' (flavor, color etc), wearing a Kenora dinner jacket and taking an interest in the Blue Jays.
I still spell the English way, what's a Kenora jacket, and I don't follow any of the Toronto sports teams.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

what's a Kenora jacket
Enquiring minds want to know what a Kenora Dinner Jacket is.

http://flickr.com/photos/gak/1590984750/
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Enquiring minds want to know what a Kenora Dinner Jacket is.

http://flickr.com/photos/gak/1590984750/
Thanks.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:00 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwp
When I lived over in England I really liked Chris Morris.
Chris Morris, Peter Cook, Why Bother? Marvellous.

This was my favourite:-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.