British Car Day

Old Aug 12th 2019, 12:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Car Day

Around 1,000 cars. Quite a few people, most of them British. Awful food at high prices:

British Car Day

Anyone else up for it?

Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Car Day

Hubby would enjoy that but don’t know if we can make it. Our neighbour has a 1954 (?) TR2. He was at a British Car show yesterday, Caledon. Maybe he will be at the Sept show.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:47 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hubby would enjoy that but don’t know if we can make it. Our neighbour has a 1954 (?) TR2. He was at a British Car show yesterday, Caledon. Maybe he will be at the Sept show.
I didn't know there was a Caledon show, that's just down the road. I was in Niagara, touring wineries as the impoverished guest of the Aston Martin club.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 2:48 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh when we move I'll bring my Capri and OH can bring the Land Rover or Rolls Or Zephyr, if any of those are still under our ownership...hopefully the Rolls will be long gone,
Old Aug 12th 2019, 4:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Ooh when we move I'll bring my Capri and OH can bring the Land Rover or Rolls Or Zephyr, if any of those are still under our ownership...hopefully the Rolls will be long gone,
Oooh a Rolls, get you!
Old Aug 12th 2019, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, I'd love to be there, if only to sit behind the wheel of a Triumph TR4 again! That was the first new car I'd bought, when I was a newly married 27-year old emigrating from Toronto to Nassau, Bahamas. (And the only new car I've ever bought, now that I think of it, these fifty years on!) When we lived in Perth, Australia, for 12 months, four years later, I (we) bought a second-hand one of the same model. I remember the feeling of being King of the Road, driving around with the rag-top down. In Bath, England, five years after that, we had an old Triumph Herald. All very reliable cars, I'm glad to say.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 5:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I didn't know there was a Caledon show, that's just down the road. I was in Niagara, touring wineries as the impoverished guest of the Aston Martin club.
There's a fair few! Next big one is Georgetown I think
https://www.bsccoc.ca/events.php
Old Aug 12th 2019, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Niagara, touring wineries as the impoverished guest of the Aston Martin club.
Did you happen to go to this one?

https://www.sue-annstaff.com/

A group of us went a bit over a week ago and this one was the best. I"m glad we had a non-drinker as the driver.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 11:32 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Did you happen to go to this one?

https://www.sue-annstaff.com/

A group of us went a bit over a week ago and this one was the best. I"m glad we had a non-drinker as the driver.
Not that one but one was on a hill top with a view of the lake. Nice spot.

Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:13 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I might try to get there this year, not been for the last few. It's an unusual Sunday these days that doesn't have some sort of sporting or social event for assorted offspring to get to, which more often than not precludes my swanning off for a day in a field with a picnic (since I got fed up with the price/quality conundrum of the food that dbd mentioned). I'll try and update plans on this thread nearer the time, it usually boils down to a "game day decision."
Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:15 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting transport there. Were you in the Healey? Some discerning gent arrived in his Morgan, I see...
Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I might try to get there this year, not been for the last few. It's an unusual Sunday these days that doesn't have some sort of sporting or social event for assorted offspring to get to, which more often than not precludes my swanning off for a day in a field with a picnic (since I got fed up with the price/quality conundrum of the food that dbd mentioned).."
Well, yes, ideally one should have a hamper, brace of pheasant, cold collation, that sort of thing.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Some interesting transport there. Were you in the Healey? Some discerning gent arrived in his Morgan, I see...
I was in the Healey. It was mostly Aston Martin's but, yes, a Morgan, a few Cobras, a McLaren, some Loti, several Triumphs even a Trevor - some bread and butter cars too; Alfa 8C, various German cars.

Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:36 pm
Magnificently Withering

Well, yes, ideally one should have a hamper, brace of pheasant, cold collation, that sort of thing.
Of course. My picnic arrives in the (now sadly rather battered and bruised) Fortnum and Mason hamper that once contained one of those corporate Christmas ham-and-preserves gifts. It's wildly impractical as it doesn't keep cold things cold or hot things hot, and it impedes rear vision when it's strapped to the luggage rack, but it looks the part and that's really the only thing that matters, after all
Old Aug 12th 2019, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like the view from Megalomaniac Winery which we also went to that same day..a week ago yesterday. It was probably the busiest winery we went to that day. At another winery a Routemaster pulled up (1965 model I think) that can take you to a number of wineries in style, if you consider Bob Grant/Jack Harper to be a style icon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.